Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2024, 01:40 PM   #991
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PMs sent
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 02:57 PM   #992
fleppesteyn
fleppesteyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
For some reason my reader is bricked. I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N249 Clara HD

Thanks Floris
fleppesteyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2024, 09:16 PM   #993
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:18 AM   #994
f_coco
f_coco began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad
I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N437 Glo HD.
I would like to try it on Tolino Shine 2 HD.
Thanks in advance.
f_coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 12:53 AM   #995
catsup
catsup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD N249
Could I get the image for a Kobo N249 Clara HD? We tried doing a factory reset on ours and something went wrong in the middle of it.

Thanks so much
catsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2024, 09:51 AM   #996
Norhee
Norhee began at the beginning.

Device: NIA
Hello,

When i make an update, my Kobo N306 Nia was stoppen... Now i can's wake up...

Please can you sent an image of m kobo N306 NIA v4A2

Thanks a lot !

Renaud
Norhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 10:21 AM   #997
kakalot
kakalot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2E
I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N250 Aura H2O second e.
Thanks.
kakalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:54 PM   #998
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakalot View Post
I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N250 Aura H2O second e.
Thanks.
I have an image for the Kobo N250 Aura H2O however I do not have an image for the Kobo N867 Aura H2O Edition 2 which has fixed internal storage. I have sent the N250 Aura H2O image.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:57 PM   #999
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PMs sent.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:01 PM   #1000
MrAbramski123
MrAbramski123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (v2) N236
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Due to the proliferation of threads asking for Kobo firmware images, I've decided to have this thread as a dedicated thread for firmware requests.

When making a request, please specify the make and model number of your Kobo ereader. I.e. if you want a firmware image for a Kobo Clara 2e, please mention N506 and Clara 2E in the message. This will help to ensure that you get the correct image.

Sample would be:

I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N437 Glo HD.
Hi, i can't find a way how to start a thread, i don't know if it is because i just became a member, but anyway. I was given a Kobo Aura H2O V2, and it is stuck on the "Battery Low, please connect your device to power screen", it was damaged, but i fixed it, and i found out that the internal sd card is just missing, i don't know anything about these devices, but i always would've liked to try one out, i found a link with "firmwares", but i have the impression that these are just update files, the OS is around 600mb to 1gb. I fixed the device, and when i connect it to the computer, it says "se blank megrez", so this means that the device can't find any firmware, and which gives me the confirmation that my hardware works. And now, i know i have the version 1 of the second revision (If the 7th character in the serial number is a 0, you have the 1st revision of the Aura 2, if it is a 2, than you have revision 2), yes it is confusing but i hope you know what i am talking about. My modelnr is N236, i will give you a portion of the serial number until the 7th character of my unit, which is "N236790". Can i get a disk image file of this type for my device please? I would love to try an e-ink display out

Thank you and have a great day!

MrAbramski123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:56 AM   #1001
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@MrAbramski123: Sorry about this but I'm going to use your post as a teaching moment.

The message above this one (#1000) is a great example of why including the model number as a part of a firmware request is a very good idea.

The poster has an Kobo Aura Edition 2 with the model number N236 however they refer to it as a Kobo Aura H2O V2 which I would see as referring to a Kobo N867 Aura H2O Edition 2 which does not have removable internal storage so no image is available.

However, you will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent a link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread to ask for PMs to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post in this thread to let me know.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:35 PM   #1002
Nene
Nene began at the beginning.

Hello!
I would like the firmware image for the Kobo N249 Clara HD. Many thanks!
Nene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 08:47 PM   #1003
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:51 AM   #1004
p33ktin
p33ktin began at the beginning.

Hi, can I get the firmware image for the Kobo N249 Clara HD?

Thank you so much.
p33ktin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:34 AM   #1005
Wildrord
Wildrord began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Hi, I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N306 Nia.

Thanks!
Wildrord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware requests