Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
M-Edge covers for the PRS-300 available

I was checking the M-Edge site to see if the the covers for the PRS-600 were introduced. Unfortunately they weren't but I saw that they introduced three covers for the PRS-300, the executive cover, Go! cover and the platform cover:

http://www.buymedge.com/products/sony/

Hopefully this will mean that the covers for the PRS-600 will arrive soon too.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
nakkita
nakkita began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505silver
Thanks for your information,rumpelteazer.
nakkita is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Thanks for the heads-up! At least they're finally updating their Sony line. Unfortunately, they still haven't added a light source. Hopefully it will come out soon. They told me in the Autumn, so they still have a few more weeks to get in!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All three covers mention the soon to be released light source plus they have pictures of it together with the covers so I assume they are on their way. Can't wait to get and executive jacket for my PRS-600, the sleeve is way too flimsy to give any real protection.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I seriously dislike the cheezy corner straps. Why can't M-Edge simply make some nice covers that attach through the holes on the spine?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
I seriously dislike the cheezy corner straps. Why can't M-Edge simply make some nice covers that attach through the holes on the spine?
I agree, and I'd also request a metal clip.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The corner straps don't bother me at all. I like that fact that I can easily take the reader out of the cover. I bought a 505 cover for my 600 and it works well except that it as a lot of space at the spine for what I'm guessing is a light source. This is my third M-edge cover and I've been extremely happy with all of them.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #8
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

The Touring Sleeve and Latitude Jacket for the PRS-300 are now also available from the M-Edge website. Hopefully they'll soon add those for the PRS-600 and the reading light too.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
xiutian
xiutian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Nexus One, Alex
The Latitude Jacket looks interesting
xiutian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
I am very interested in the Latitude Jacket. Has anybody seen one? Either for the 300 or the Kindle? I am hoping they come out with one for the 600 soon.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
TGNY
Enthusiast
TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TGNY has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600
I dont see how these covers are better than the Sony covers? The straps are not attractive and the big strap would seem bothersome while reading. I think the magnets in the sony cover are well designed and clasps on the bookends work well.

Last edited by TGNY; 11-07-2009 at 03:00 PM.
TGNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNY View Post
I dont see how these covers are better than the Sony covers? The straps are not attractive and the big strap would seem bothersome while reading. I think the magnets in the sony cover are well designed and clasps on the bookends work well.
I have to say I agree - I wasn't sure I'd like the Sony cover, but it arrived yesterday and I really like it. It's slim & lightweight & the clip system is nice. I do wish there were a more secure way to keep it closed (the magnets aren't likely to keep it closed if it drops) but I plan to "fix" that with an elastic hair band. I've had an M-edge cover for my Kindle and while I didn't much like the corners either, I do like the closing strap - it just slips into the slot on the front cover when you have the cover folded back for reading.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
kazbates
Wizard

The M-Edge cover is much better than the original cover for the 700. It has more substance to it and a better feel. The strap can be annoying if you are afraid to bend it back out of the way as I was at first. I was afraid of durability. However, once I started bending it back I realized that it was very durable and after many months, does not show any wear. The straps don't detract from the reader at all, at least for me. I actually think it gives a more secure feel to keeping the reader in the cover than the Sony cover. For full disclosure, I have not seen the new cover they are using for the 600, but if it is similar to the 700, I would choose the M-edge cover everytime. I am anxiously awaiting their new line for the 600 and in particular, their book light.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #14
sigmax
Connoisseur
sigmax has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-300
Shipping price for "standard" international order is MORE than the cover itself !!
30 U$S !! incredible. A small light thing as a cover, like that on usps would go inside an envelope, for 10 or 11 U$S, I suppose.
sigmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
I have been very happy with my new Executive cover for the 300. Very high quality and the strap does not bother me. Will probably order the light when it is available later this month.
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote