Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
maurices5000
Connoisseur
maurices5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
PDFReader 1.8.2 What does this mean?

Quote:
EDIT: Note you MUST enter your own Title, Author and Category in the GUI screen for the Conversion to begin, otherwise it won't start. (If you don't really need them, just enter 1, 2, 3 or T, A, C.)
What does that mean? I've not gotten to it yet and perhaps it will make more sense when i get there.

Why would i need this?

Thanks!
maurices5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurices5000 View Post
What does that mean? I've not gotten to it yet and perhaps it will make more sense when i get there.

Why would i need this?

Thanks!
The PDFRead GUI requires that you manually enter in the Meta data (Title, Author, Category) that will be displayed as page 1 after the conversion is done.

As installed, there is no way to bypass this requirement, so what I do when testing a conversion is simply enter "1", "2", "3" in those fields. If you're a touch typist, it may not be a problem, but I'm a two-finger typist, so I take the easy way out...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
maurices5000
Connoisseur

what's all this talk about landscape and Landscape half?

I guess I'll sit down this afternoon and read the manual. I'm on my lunch break now.

Thanks guys! I'm getting excited.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
maurices5000
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The PDFRead GUI requires that you manually enter in the Meta data (Title, Author, Category) that will be displayed as page 1 after the conversion is done.

As installed, there is no way to bypass this requirement, so what I do when testing a conversion is simply enter "1", "2", "3" in those fields. If you're a touch typist, it may not be a problem, but I'm a two-finger typist, so I take the easy way out...
yes, i can type. So you put the book title and author into the indicated fields. But what is category? What is it used for? Is that some way of arranging books?

Thanks so much. wasn't expecting such a quick reply.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurices5000 View Post
yes, i can type. So you put the book title and author into the indicated fields. But what is category? What is it used for? Is that some way of arranging books?

Thanks so much. wasn't expecting such a quick reply.
"Category" is synonymous with Genre and is used by some ebook formats to facilitate them to be sorted on ebook readers that support it, like the eBookwise 1150.

Just experiment... ( ...hopefully on a range of pages )

p.s. any other PDFRead questions can be posted in the main PDFRead thread so others can benefit from your questions/comments.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert