Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Libraries in different locations

My current libraries are located at C:\Users\Username\Calibre\. Can I now create a new library, but have it at a different location (not sure yet, but let's say C:\My Documents\FileCalibre\) and have both locations available/accessible in Calibre? Meaning that I can easily copy from one library to the other, or switch, without causing a meltdown?

I'm still considering a few ideas, and I'd like to know if this is even feasible before I continue down that road...
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
My current libraries are located at C:\Users\Username\Calibre\. Can I now create a new library, but have it at a different location (not sure yet, but let's say C:\My Documents\FileCalibre\) and have both locations available/accessible in Calibre? Meaning that I can easily copy from one library to the other, or switch, without causing a meltdown?

I'm still considering a few ideas, and I'd like to know if this is even feasible before I continue down that road...
Yes, and if you right click on a book you will get a drop down menu with the option to copy to library xxxxx. I have four libraries of which two are used actively and two are Archives.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Yes, and if you right click on a book you will get a drop down menu with the option to copy to library xxxxx. I have four libraries of which two are used actively and two are Archives.

bernie
Thanks, I wondered because all of my libraries are at a single location, but if my idea pans out, this new library would be in a different place. Even toying with different drive, but I'll go one step at a time LOL
Old 08-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Even toying with different drive, but I'll go one step at a time LOL
No problems with libraries on separate drives

I access libraries on my System Drive (C: PCIe SSD), my Data Drive (D: Sata 3 HDD), and if required from my Backup Drive (H: USB 3 HDD).

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
MerlinMama
Evangelist

Thanks!
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 05:34 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
No problems with libraries on separate drives

I access libraries on my System Drive (C: PCIe SSD), my Data Drive (D: Sata 3 HDD), and if required from my Backup Drive (H: USB 3 HDD).

BR
But what about DECTape or an IBM 2321 cartridge system? You probably have those around somewhere.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:54 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I gave my DEC gear (PDP 11-23, dual DECtape drive, fanfold paper tape reader, DECTalk box etc) to Sydney Uni - and a copy of Cutler's RSX11-M.

I just got a Dell XPS 8920. It probably has similar power to the moderately configured Vax cluster we installed at Happy Valley, which supported a hundred plus users on VT100s and LA36s.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I just got a Dell XPS 8920. It probably has similar power to the moderately configured Vax cluster we installed at Happy Valley, which supported a hundred plus users on VT100s and LA36s.
My *phone* has many times the computing power than the PDP 11/70 we used to support the Berkeley CS department in the mid-70s. Lordie but how things have changed.

I suppose I should stop reminiscing or I might get maudlin.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote