Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
790462960 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5
Talking How to change EPUB or MOBI to PDF?

I am a new comer and come from China, And I use kindle5.
Sorry for my poor English.
The DuoKan system can remove the white part if the file is PDF. If we read comic, it is very useful. But some comics only provide EPUB and
MOBI.Everytime I use Calibre to convert the file, the PDFwill become as twice as EPUB or MOBI. And Epubee only permit the file which is smaller than 60M. So can anyone give me a hand?
790462960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you know that epubee is a rip-off of the DeDRM tools?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you know that epubee is a rip-off of the DeDRM tools?
Hello, thanks for repeat me. I thought the software will provide more freedom when I visit the website. So how can I convert the file to PDF? If I use Calibre, the volume of the PDF will be twice as big as the EPUB.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 790462960 View Post
I use Calibre to convert the file, the PDFwill become as twice as EPUB or MOBI. And Epubee only permit the file which is smaller than 60M. So can anyone give me a hand?
This is a comon problem with some PDF printer (with the internal Windows 10 printer too). The problem are the embedded pictures. In calibre you can not define directly a general output dpi resolution for pictures. The only way is, as fare I know, via Common options -->Page layout -->Output profile. There you can choose a device that resize the resolution matching best to your device.

The other way around is to use PDF tools like Arcobat, free clones etc. to reduce the dpi-resolution to what ever you define as appropriate in an additional step.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
This is a comon problem with some PDF printer (with the internal Windows 10 printer too). The problem are the embedded pictures. In calibre you can not define directly a general output dpi resolution for pictures. The only way is, as fare I know, via Common options -->Page layout -->Output profile. There you can choose a device that resize the resolution matching best to your device.

The other way around is to use PDF tools like Arcobat, free clones etc. to reduce the dpi-resolution to what ever you define as appropriate in an additional step.
Mmm, I think the problem is not dpi. The picture whcih provided were scanned from the book. So it must exist the white edge. And if I change it to fit k5, the word will be very small. So I hope to use Duokan
Advert

Tags
calibre change, convert