Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #1081
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Swipe page turn problem

Hi,

Have been following the forum for a while, but this is my first topic since i received my Boox M92 a few days ago. Bought at ereader-store.de (excellent service, thanks Booxtor!).

I'm a bit noob yet, and i may be asking a stupid question, but here it is.
Using the new pdf reader for pdf i just can't turn pages using swipe, only by physical buttons. The strange is that i can turn page by swipe if it's the first time i open the document (first time ever, don't work if i close and open again). I noted that page mode is selected in that ocasions, and then i just can't select page mode again (it keeps going to paper mode). When using old pdf reader it works normally.

I'm using firmware 1.8.1 20121113 (i updated just after a few hours after getting my device )

What am i missing? Can someone help me?

Thanks!

A. Mahy
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #1082
KarlL42
KarlL42 began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It is possible to click dictionary button on toolbar. So, you can skip step 1.
If you mean the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, I don't see a dictionary button there (when reading epub). Is it possible to put it there somehow?
KarlL42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #1083
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It is included in a General Toolbar, which is default one. The dictionary is just beside Search. The icon is not very intuitive and one would not guess it means dictionary...

@Booxstor
I know, it is not easy to design icons. But most of icons on toolbar are not intuitive and are difficult to see.... I hope it will be improved one day... Just a small advice. It would be handy to make icon outline more contrast. (Some older Onyx icons on toolbar have this light outline.) For example if it is dark, than make a white or light gray "line" around. Also, the simpler icon, the better. Dark icon on almost dark background is almost unrecognisible. I have the susspision that the Onyx programers use colour enviroment for development and not B&W.

I know from my own experience that it is not easy design good icon, so I do not critize the programmers. It is just my small wish and suggestion.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #1084
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Why not making the icons moddable? This way the developers save time and the community would definately soon offer better ones.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #1085
elkm
elkm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and OnixBook M92
Cool

hi,

can anyone tell me which version of stardict the m92 uses? and where to get it! I'm making a Portuguese dictionary with the stardict 3.0.3 downloaded from "http://code.google.com/p/stardict-3/downloads/list" the dict works fine on the goldendict and is recognized by the m92 system, but when I try to search a word it just crash and closes the application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ewerton
elkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #1086
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Someone has mentioned M92 does not support latest major (do not know if 3.x or 4.x) stardict. If 3.0.3 is in this not supported family, than you need 2.x (or 1.x).

I use about 10 stardict dictionaries and no problem.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #1087
3bookReader
3bookReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle PPW
PDFReader: Cannot turn page after being awaked from Screensaver

PDFReader: Cannot turn page after being awaked from LockScreen and i have to get back to book list and reopen the PDF file.
3bookReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #1088
Mono
Mono

Yes, it is known issue. Hope it will be fixed soon.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #1089
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Feature request: cut horizontal margins

My understanding is that the Cut margins feature works only on the vertical margins
It would be nice to have this options for the horizontal margins too. What do you guys think about this?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #1090
Mono
Mono

Both margins should be cut. So, I agree with you.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #1091
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Here is another suggestion: when highlighting text there is that animation effect where the text is dynamically highlighted and in the end there is a final selection followed by a refresh for the entire page.
While this looks nice and real it also slows down the process and consumes power.
A better way to do it would be a two points text selection process:
1. select the beginning of the selected text by clicking on the text
2. select the end of the selected text also by clicking on the text
followed by a final highlighting ...
Old 12-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #1092
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Small bug report (20121113 firmware): when viewing a PDF (in the new PDF viewer), if you change the zoom setting and then rotate the screen 90 degrees, a blank screen is displayed (and refreshing does nothing). A new view must then be selected, or the page changed, in order to see anything.
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #1093
danya2
danya2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Feature request: cut horizontal margins

My understanding is that the Cut margins feature works only on the vertical margins
It would be nice to have this options for the horizontal margins too. What do you guys think about this?
Yes, I agree.
danya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #1094
PF4Mobile
Guru

This (Onyx OS) is Unix, right?
Would it be possible to have a Ctrl-Alt-Del like option to bring up a screen with Unix utils?

Today I run into the strange situation where my ereader refused to use the highlighting tool. Any attempt to continue to use this in the current document would completely block the ereader with only two options left: Go to stand by and Reboot (both via the power button).

It was the first time when I really wanted to have the option to kill the PDF reader process.
The other thing that should be useful would be a set of utils to check the sanity of the internal flash or the SD card.

I am not sure what happened today but all of a sudden the highlighting became painfully slow and I hoped that by closing the document and opening the document again I will solve the issue. After that I started experiencing the above with the highlighting freezing the ereader.

There must be a last resort tool to allow us to debug situations like this.

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-10-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #1095
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Today I run into the strange situation where my ereader refused to use the highlighting tool. Any attempt to continue to use this in the current document would completely block the ereader with only two options left: Go to stand by and Reboot (both via the power button).

It was the first time when I really wanted to have the option to kill the PDF reader process.
Did you try a long press on the back button? Sometimes it works for getting out of strange situations.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote