Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #256
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Hi Martin, and welcome to MobileRead. There is no need to apologize for your English, it is perfectly understandable.

It looks like you did all of the installation steps correctly. The program seems to be crashing right after it starts. To see why it crashes, you will need a command-line terminal to see the error messages. Would you install the pbterm application and use it to see what the problem is? If you enter: "/mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app" at the command line, it will try to launch the application, and any error messages will be written to the screen.

If you don't want to install and use the pbterm application, then you can create a file called /applications/pbiv_test.app, and enter the following lines into it:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app 1>/mnt/ext1/pbiv_test.txt 2>/mnt/ext1/pbiv_test.txt
Run pbiv_test from the Applications tab, and then look at the text file called pbiv_test.txt via the Library tab. It should contain whatever error messages were produced when the application was started.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #257
mleroy
mleroy began at the beginning.

Device: PB 626 (Touch Lux 2)
First, thanks

pbterm tell me ; "/mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app not found" but it is there.

maybe the /mnt/ext1 is wrong ? (I have not yet a microsd)

I'm on windows and when I plug the e-reader, the adress is F:\system\bin

Last edited by mleroy; 12-22-2014 at 05:58 PM.
mleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #258
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleroy View Post
First, thanks

... that tell me ; "/mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app not found" but it is there.

maybe the /mnt/ext1 is wrong ? (I have not yet a microsd)

I'm on windows and when I plug the e-reader, the adress is F:\system\bin
/mnt/ext1 is where the internal memory is mounted within the device. The USB interface only shows the parts of the file paths above the /mnt/ext1 mount point. Likewise, an SD card is mounted internally at /mnt/ext2, but you don't see that part of the path either via the USB interface.

What are you using to run the application? If you are trying to run it inside a terminal in Windows that won't work. It must be run within the device itself.

Last edited by rkomar; 12-22-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #259
mleroy

I run pbterm on the e-reader. the "shell" command : /mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app

the answer is :
$ /mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app
/bin/ash: /mnt/ext1/system/bin/pbimageviewer.app : not found

maybe I will try with the firmware update to 5.X... but i read it's beter to be in 4.X

I try too with /mnt/ext1/applications/pbimageviewer.app
but it did not found it. the app. is visible on the e-reader.

Last edited by mleroy; 12-22-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #260
rkomar
Wizard

Run the mount command within your terminal. It will show you what partitions are mounted, and at what mount points. The internal memory partition will probably be of type "vfat".
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 05:52 AM   #261
mleroy

OK, with "mount" the adress acces is correct.

All my fault.... I restart all the installation and I see I used de wrong pbimageviewer.app ( I was working on with the wrong thinking I used -pro 360+ .... I it was "-3XX")

With the good one, that works perfectly, Sorry....
Old 12-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #262
rkomar
Wizard

Thanks for explaining what the problem was. I hope everything goes well from now on.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #263
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
Hi everybody, i'm happy today, i receave my Pocketbook Inkpad 840

It plug in to my PC now for recharge

the version of firmware is :"w840.5.4.83": So i need to instal fwv5 version of pbimageviewer.app, right?
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #264
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post
Hi everybody, i'm happy today, i receave my Pocketbook Inkpad 840

It plug in to my PC now for recharge

the version of firmware is :"w840.5.4.83": So i need to instal fwv5 version of pbimageviewer.app, right?
Edit 1:When i plug it i don"t see any system folder
Edit 2 : Ok i found it^^

Last edited by starr974; 12-23-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #265
rkomar
Wizard

If you plug in the USB while the device is powered off, it boots up and automatically goes into charge mode. If you want the PC link, then you should plug in the USB when the device is already running.

If you are using Windows to browse the files over USB, then you should enable "view hidden files" to see the "system" files.

Yes, you should use the fwv5 version.

Last edited by rkomar; 12-23-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #266
starr974
Connoisseur

thanks Rkomar,

But i dont understand what i do with " "extensions.cfg" ( i dont have extensions.cfg on my inkpad)
do i creat notepad and copy/paste this?:"

zip:@ZIP_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
cbz:@ZIP_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
rar:@RAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
cbr:@RAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
tar:@TAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
tar.gz:@TAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
tgz:@TAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
tar.bz2:@TAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
tbz2:@TAR_file:1bimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG"

Sorry for my stupid questions but i dont know this kind of things...
Old 12-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #267
rkomar
Wizard

Yes, that is correct. If it doesn't work, then you may have to use Notepad++ instead, and enable Unix-style line termination (i.e. ending lines with linefeed character only, instead of both linefeed and carriage return characters which is the default on Windows systems).
Old 12-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #268
starr974
Connoisseur

message "not a zip archive"

ok, i test again , and it work now!!
Very nice program!!
thanks a lot for your help Rkomar!

I dont want white barre in left and right of the screen (take too much place)
So i go to menu --> configuration , and i choose "erase marge" but error message "impossible to creat folder" and nothing change.
All what i choose in configuration didn't change.

and in the home page, can't see the first page of the manga (it's blank with the title)

Last edited by starr974; 12-23-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #269
rkomar
Wizard

The error message was because you don't have an SD card, and the default location for storing saved images is on the SD card. If you don't save any images, then it doesn't matter that you get this error message. If you want to get rid of the error message, then change the saved image folder location to be in /mnt/ext1/pbiv-saved-images in the configuration. (I should make that the default)

When zooming, the images always keep the same aspect ratio (i.e. they are stretched the same in both directions). When the image is zoomed to fit inside the screen, then you will almost always see some margins on either the sides or on the top and bottom because the images are usually not the same shape as the screen. Try using the reader in landscape mode, or trying other zoom modes to see what you like best.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #270
starr974
Connoisseur

thanks, it work when i use "Zoom" configuration

and for the home page, can't see the first page of the manga (it's blank with the title)
Do you have any solution, or is it normal maybe?