Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
New Vox software updated out...

I just updated to the latest, and when I go to my library, there is no sync now of any kind happening. Anybody else? Before this update, as soon as I tapped for Library, it would do a full sync and update. Not now....

EDIT: Ten minutes after I entered my Library, my Vox did a sync/update sequence. I don't know if this is part of the update, (a change log would be great...) but my Vox did sync.

Weird.....

Next day edit: I don't know why, but now my Library App starts a SYNC session as soon as it hits the bookshelf. When I first ran the new update, this did not occur. So what is going on...I dunno. But whatever, it is back in behavior as the prior firmware. A good thing.

There are some great changes for sure....wait until you hit FONTS...and now see a side bar to the right kick in....very nice!

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-21-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Further information and comment...
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
What date is on the firmware? Maybe that syncing was causing sleep of death?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
What date is on the firmware? Maybe that syncing was causing sleep of death?
---------------------------

Build number: pegasus-eng2.3.3 GR140 eng. CAN.20111219.094110.40397 test-keys

There is definitely a reworking of the firmware with new features. I have only had it up and running for 15 minutes, so don't really have a clue at this point about what was changed, how it was changed, and WHY it was changed. A log would be a good read right now, KOBO!!! Without a log or a post to this forum about the changes...I'm running in the dark.

EDIT: Things seem to be happening much faster all around. Of course it can also be the Human Placebo Effect...lol. Seriously, swipes, screen redraws, app-loads seem to be snappier...

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-21-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Sorry everyone, haven't had a chance to post with the release notes. Coming shortly...

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Sorry everyone, haven't had a chance to post with the release notes. Coming shortly...

James
-----------------------------------

Thank you, and will certainly shed light on what you folks added in, took out, and or moved around a bit... (smile).
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Posted!
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Forgive my tone, but I'm starting to feel like Daffy Duck when Bugs kept redrawing him in the cartoon. This is the second update and it has made things worse. And I have just come out of major surgery and I'm not feeling well, so I'm a little grouchy about having to pry the back off my Vox....

Darn thing won't shut off.

First of all, I turned the Vox on for the first time today and got this update. The Vox restarted. It said the battery was at 43% and status is 'charging'. It is not charging, it wasn't even on the charger. It was fully charged already.

Now the power button doesn't work to put it in sleep mode or shut it off. When I plug it into the charger, the light doesn't come on to show it charging. Holding the button down for 25 seconds does nothing either.

I've been more than patient here...I want a reader that works.

I was getting on just fine with putting it into sleep mode with wifi on or shutting it off.

This is worse. I mean...this is the 'fix'? Really?
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Posted!
Thank you...one thing is for sure...my HD movies are FLYING..wow! Smooth, no stutter, where I had a slight stutter on P.O.T. Carib (HD) before this firmware update. Large smiles.

Whether you did some general perking to the O.S. or this is a by-product of something else you did....it SURE WORKED!

Yo, ho, ho.......
Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just pried the back off, pressed the button. Vox restarted. Now I get the message to 'connect your charger'. The battery status has a question mark. The power button still doesn't work at all.

I am SO upset about this right now.

James, any way to get this update OFF my machine?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
49Kat
Fanatic

This update has wrecked my Vox, my advice would be to not install it.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
This update has wrecked my Vox, my advice would be to not install it.
-----------------------------------------

Would not a full FACTORY RESET take you back to the original firmware?!? I hope so for your sake... Bummer....
Old 12-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
49Kat
Fanatic

I have done a lot of work to get the Vox to where I like it. It would take many hours to reinstall everything and redownload all my books.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
But it isn't where you want it if it is currently not performing well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
But it isn't where you want it if it is currently not performing well.
Never mind...

Last edited by 49Kat; 12-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
cece
cece began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
So Far...Love the new update
cece is offline   Reply With Quote