Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
wdcorbitt
Edge User

! Application not installed !

Not sure why, but I have tried downloading the APK directly for the "memento" app which is a catalog database. I've even downloaded the Amazon installation app which installs other apps from the Amazon store - then I downloaded the "memento" app which downloaded fine. Then once I click on the "install" button it goes directly to "Application not installed".
I sure would like to get this resolved if anyone could help. Maybe I just can't use this app?!??! I hope this isn't the case??????
Please help. :0)

Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
bcswan
Edge User

Yeah IDK that happens to me a lot too. I don't have much help here, just thought you should know that you're not alone. There were a few apps that didn't work with 1.6 but would work after I upgraded to 2.2. But there's still a bunch that still won't install so IDK.

Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
wdcorbitt
Edge User

Thanks for the response bcswan, I have the upgrade to the 2.2, but am still hitting the same wall. A little bummed, but won't stop me from using the EE. Still better than Apple - hehe :-)

Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
5thWiggle
Edge User

Memento won't install. Handbase might, I haven't been able to try it. I found a free, no frills database call FormBuilder. Get it here

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
wdcorbitt
Edge User

Not bad 5th, I may have to try that! Thanks for the help. Maybe we can inundate the app maker of memento to create one for the PE!!!

Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
wdcorbitt
Edge User

just FYI - I did email the kind folks at http://luckydroid.com; can't wait to see what they have to say about memento!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
wdcorbitt
Edge User

ok, so got a message from http://luckydroid.com asking specifics. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, is there a specific type of coding this person must add or edit in their app for this device "Pocket eDGe"? I'm sure that sounds like the dumbest newb question ever, but if it works on android platform? I'm getting more confused as the days go by - LOL

Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
5thWiggle
Edge User

I couldn't get it to install. I not sure what they are asking for. Can you post the e-mail?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
wdcorbitt
Edge User

5th, the email was relatively little information or help...the contact from luckydroid just asked what it said....I told them it said "application not installed" still waiting on new response or hopefully a new adk - if I get one I will be CERTAIN to post it here!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
wdcorbitt
Edge User

sorry meant *apk LOL