Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
CorePlayer Mobile Version 1.1 coming May 14, 2007

If you are an earlier adopter of CorePlayer, and wondering if you'll ever see a product better than the free TCPMP program, your wait might be short. Or it might be long. But one step forward will occur on May 14, when the CorePlayer Mobile Version 1.1 will be released. Whether it lives up to our expectations of a significant improvement seems to still be up in the air.

According to the CoreCodec forums, "We will be releasing one platform at a time starting on May 14th starting with various CE versions then Palm and finally the Symbian platforms. Before the Symbian freaks start... I want to state it now that we do not expect to launch Symbian on launch day but will likely wait a few days to see what bug reports are coming in from."

The improvements include:

* CoreTheque database - The future value of this is still somewhat unknown as not much has been revealed. But it will support CUE files, RSS feeds and Web 2.0 tagging

* Bug fixes, device support additions and stability - Always a plus.

"Live updates" will not be available until version 1.4.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

These guys mean well and I am sure they mean to get this out when they say but the launch of this app back months ago was a complete debacle.

Missed deadlines and a lot of users saying the free TCPMP player was still better than the shareware Coreplayer.

I hope they meet the self imposed date here and follow up with the requests and bug fixes the customers have asked for.

David
Old 05-03-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am still using TCPMP and haven't been happier
Old 05-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Another delay in the release date. Now it's June 18th...
http://www.corecodec.com/forums/inde....msg862#msg832

I think a lot of people that bought CorePlayer in anticipation of an improved product must be very frustrated at this point. And with all the secrecy about future versions and the new database and online features, it's not even clear that the direction is even one that customers will be comfortable with.

I bought the product myself, but fortunately I did it more as a "thank you" for TCPMP than for the future value of CorePlayer. On the other hand, producing such a product is apparently very difficult, so if they pull it off, it might be quite a success.