Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2016, 05:36 AM   #1
jonnybegood
jonnybegood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Aura HD
synced wrong library ? shelves disappeared /

Hello
Here is my situation: 2 Kobo, and 2 libraries on the computer (2 libraries because of different languages and reading interests)

As part of the jobs set when I connect the Kobo, I see that Calibre will
get list of books on device - backup device database - store the reading positions.

I usually switch/go to correct library before connecting a Kobo.
I think I forgot one of last time I added books to my partner's Kobo.
There are 103 books on her Kobo which are normally distributed across 10 shelves. That's the situation as it was, and still shows in Calibre.

However, when opening the Kobo, all her books are accounted for but only 3 shelves are showing with 10 books in total.

Those shelves do not belong to this library/Kobo: I can tell by naming convention that those are from my library (the 10 books listed also exist on shelves in my library )

how can I best fix the situation ?
Looking through the menus option, I haven't seen a clear "update shelves on device" possibility

I checked that Metadata management is set to Automatic in Preferences
(I had found following thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227580)

Thanks in advance for your support !
jonnybegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When you connect the device, the shelf management is done on the books that are in the current library and are also on the device. For a book on the device that is not in the calibre library, nothing should change.

With what has happened, it make me think that you have connected the partners device while in your calibre library and that most of the books on the device are in your library. But, only a few of them have the values in the columns use for collections.

The fix should be simple: Connect the device while the her calibre library is active. That should do all the shelf management again.

But, before doing that, check the shelf configuration in the driver is correct. And that the columns being used in both libraries contains the shelves as expected. The driver configuration is common across all libraries. But, the custom columns used don't have to be in both libraries. If you have removed a column from the configuration, that might explain why it has happened.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
jonnybegood
jonnybegood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Aura HD
Thanks to your advice, situation is resolved

By comparing the 2 libraries, I saw that at some point I had renamed the shelves in mine.

I applied same modifications to shelves in my partner's library.
Afterwards, I connected her kobo : all her shelves are now showing correctly !

Thanks !
jonnybegood is offline   Reply With Quote