Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Leafpad – simple notepad for Kindle Touch

There are many posts in this forum about different text editors on KT, like nano or vim. I want to share with you a port of a very simple GTK+ editor called leafpad.

You will find package for GUI Launcher on my website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.gif
Views:	1376
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	92656  
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hiya baf. I have to ask. is there any reason you are not posting a copy on mobileread?

Seems like a whole pile of stuff "went west" in the past when personal sites eventually disappeared.

So, whilst I appreciate it is a PITA to update two locations with the "latest versions" I guess I am asking if you intend (or object to someone else ) posting the "Final" versions here on MR - (when you are done fiddling)

Thanks mate. I'll go check out your port when I have this puppy backed up.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hiya baf. I have to ask. is there any reason you are not posting a copy on mobileread?

Seems like a whole pile of stuff "went west" in the past when personal sites eventually disappeared.
"Country of Original Publication"
He is publishing in Poland, not Canada.
I publish in the USA, not Canada.

It is always best to publish in the country whose rules you best know.

Why worry about a personal site disappearing,?
His domain registration still has two more weeks to run before he has to renew it or fold up shop.

All of the above is a (required) matter of public record. I.E: whois

Last edited by knc1; 09-20-2012 at 08:34 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah - exactly!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
yeah - exactly!!!
But he has been registered for 5 years, will probably go for 6 now that we reminded him that the bill is due.

Good thing this subject came up - mmg expires in three weeks - will fix that now.

Last edited by knc1; 09-20-2012 at 08:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
But he has been registered for 5 years, will probably go for 6 now that we reminded him that the bill is due.
You are right! I have seen some invoice around

@twobob
I like keep things in one place, so that people – regardless where they come from, mobileread or another place – always get the latest version.
It also gives me some feedback on popularity of stuff I publish.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Thank you! Excellent editor!!! Simple, comfortable. There are all necessary functions. The last three months I've dreamed of this. But, unfortunately, does not work input Cyrillic. I have a Cyrillic keyboard. When you try to enter Cyrillic characters editor no reaction.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
twobob

@baf I thought it would be something like that.

Was just a bit twitchy after the GitBrew disaster.

: )
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
When you try to enter Cyrillic characters editor no reaction.
Sorry Lydovig, I know about it. I even thought about you when I discovered it.
I don't have any idea why. I will try to find out something.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I will try to find out something.
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
I want to share with you a port of a very simple GTK+ editor called leafpad.
Thanks
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
But, unfortunately, does not work input Cyrillic. I have a Cyrillic keyboard. When you try to enter Cyrillic characters editor no reaction.
I put new version on my server. It should handle utf8 input correctly.
Lydovig, I count on you as a tester.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
I put new version on my server. It should handle utf8 input correctly.
Lydovig, I count on you as a tester.

Thank you so much! This is a great gift! You turn an ordinary e-book in a handy tool business person! You are now top alchemist Kindle Touch!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Awesome baf! hmmm, next step would be to let Kindle show *.txt files in home screen and assign them to open with Leafpad.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #15
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Appreg.db *could* be used to assign txt files to an app... Anyway I don't know if this app must be a kindlet!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons