Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
GMCDiesel
GMCDiesel began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Onyx Boox M90 Touchscreen Doesn't Work At All

Howdy all, I purchased a factory refurbished M90 (not an M91S) from eBay from the seller that I suppose to be the Onyx US dealer (if the device wasn't in fact factory refurbished, of course, this thread would be of a lot less interest I imagine) who has plenty of positive feedback (here is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110788935214)

The ereader arrived yesterday in acceptable cosmetic condition. After charging it for an hour, I turned it on (and had to reset it because it hanged at the boot screen, as I hear occasionally happens). After it booted, I could navigate with the 5-way IR sensor, but the device doesn't recognize the included white stylus at all. I tried tapping all over the screen and pressing fairly forcefully. I tried soft resets, clearing flash memory in settings, turning off and on; I also was able to launch the screen calibration application, but it didn't recognize the stylus at all, no matter where I tapped. I contacted the eBay seller this morning and have received no response; I will call them tomorrow.

I haven't heard of any problems of this nature (although I have heard of small dead areas directly above the speaker). If y'all have any input, I'd surely appreciate it.
GMCDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the stylus was sent with the m90? does it have a hole at the top end or not?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
GMCDiesel
GMCDiesel began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the stylus was sent with the m90? does it have a hole at the top end or not?
It does. The stylus is white, around 3.5" long, and there is a ~.75mm-diameter hole at the top end. Thanks.
GMCDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
ok well i thought maybe they sent you the wrong one but that is the correct stylus
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The stylus could be defective. No way to know unless you find a working stylus.

See if the seller can ship you another stylus. If not, try to return it. The IR button is no substitute for a working stylus.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
e-health
Old Junior
e-health began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300 & Pocketbook 902 Pro
Onyx Boox M90 Touchscreen Doesn't Work At All

I have exactly the same problem.
It appeared after 3 months and I tried all what was mentioned already in the other replies.
Eventually, I ordered a new stylus from the European Boox reseller - but also the new stylus did not solve the problem.
Thus I am really desperate - since I bought the Boox M90 during a stay in the US in Summer and - there is no international warranty.

The reader is quite good - I had already a PocketBook pro 902 - the screen shows higher contrast (Pearl ink)
and also the reading of pdf's is great. Navigation is also quite ok and thoughtful.

But it doesn't help at all when the hardware is not reliable - already after 3 months ...
e-health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
I would try installing the firmware again.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
e-health
Old Junior
e-health began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300 & Pocketbook 902 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
I would try installing the firmware again.
Thank you for this hint -
But this was the first I did - no change resulted - only then I thought it could be the stylus
e-health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Hi.

Be carefull if you need a new stylus. I broke mine (Onyx Boox M92), and I am going crazy trying to find one. Booxter is helping a lot.

I tried Entourage Edge and Irex 1000 styluses and do not work. I have bought a Wacom penable PC slim pen at Amazon, and does not work.

But I tried with an Onyx Boox M90 pen and it worked (however Booxter tried and did not work). Now I am waiting for a new one from ereader-store.

RAFA
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
Reddo29
Reddo29 began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX M90
My experience with the M90 is not good.Purchased it online from Onyx Boox in March 2011, it subsequently failed bigtime and was replaced in September 2011. It failed again in July 2012. Nothing with it works. No response with stylus therefore cannot turn it off, have tried reset routines all to no avail.
I am unable to get any response from "sales@onyxboox.com". They will not even acknowledge recipt of my emails.
Can anyone help me. Finally what a contrast to my Apple iPad 3 and apple support.
Arthur
Reddo29 is offline   Reply With Quote