Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
larka2006
Edge User

Accidental re-boot and swipe all user data (Ermine beta on PE)

I had quite a few apps from Amazon store on my PE and while installing Droid Scan Lite it has frozen, no reaction on any button, not putting up power off/hibernate menue. I have to hold power switch for a minute to power it down (PE) - I did that once, and after that it was fine, but now it powered and says "UID data lost, need to wipe user data on sd card" - or something like that. One button was there "I am feeling lucky" which I pressed. Upon reboot several apps (amazon store, native keyboard, advanced task killer, facebook, etc.) had to be repeatedly force closed and finally it booted up into brand new Ermine - all icons gone, all accounts and user data too. Library files still there. I ended up re-installing few apps (even deleting all their folders) and starting from scratch. Amazon store, then few apps I liked from there. So far so good. But this time Ermine home screen was different then one I get when just updated ~ 3 weeks ago. I had player and android tips widgets on right screen (nothing was there on first upgrade, as I remember)... Somebody had similar experience with Ermine upgrade and Amazon apps recently?

Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
emusan
Edge User

when was this update? I got something saying that I should update in the last few days, but I've been holding off in case it ruins my progress with the gapps.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Filark
Edge User

Ouch!

Could the problem be with Droid Scan Lite?

I'll be very interested in how this resolves. Glad to see you're still smiling, Larka!

Old 05-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
larka2006
Edge User

Could be Droid scan lite, but I would not try it again. Could be any other little apps I got there (amazon market, advanced task killer, evernote were the ones that force closed repeatedly as well). Actualy it was good to clean up all junk soft I accumulated in few weeks of learning and testing. Amazon market is really good, so any apps you purchased (or got free) could be installed in multiple devices registered on your name, you can delete/reregister devices multiple times. I recreated all email accounts + Evernote and native Calendar/Contacts again to sync with MS exchange. Nothing lost except a few weeks of calendar notes (I tend to scrible todo on the day, it is quick and fun with PE), but I might look for some Todo app sync to MS exchange - then I am golden. Any suggestions?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
larka2006
Edge User

Emusan: crash happen on night of May 25, about a few times of force re-power, then I was up and running completely OK next day. Not too scary, I just wonder - the new blank Ermine welcome screen looked different than it was when I first upgraded PE to Beta in April - now I have player widget and Droid tips on the right swap screen.