Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Filark
Edge User

Ack!! That sounds bad.

If no one offers a solution, have you tried calling enTourage? Seems odd, too, that your PE powered down during a transfer . . . how did that happen??

Can you use a micro-sd card for all your storage now, or do you need access to some of the files on the internal card even so? (I don't really know much about tech, I just like using it! )

Wish I had a real answer for you.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #17
Kewlcat
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlooseleaf View Post
Were you ever able to remount your internal storage? I accidentally unmounted mine (the pocket edge powered down during a USB file transfer) and now have no access to the internal storage sd card!
Apologies in advance if this sounds like a 'Duh!' suggestion, but I believe the sd card is inaccessible while the Edge still connected via USB to your computer...so make sure you are properly disconnected...
Filark ( i think) & someone else mentioned that when you do not disconnect properly (i.e. 'Remove hardware safely' or right-click- 'Eject' ), the USB notification sometimes remains on the top even after you have unplugged it...so maybe this could be preventing you from accessing the internal sd card?

Old 05-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
Qwill
Edge User

Got the same problem when I received my PE back from repair.
When I connected it to internet, I upgraded it ( a popup said there was an upgrade available) and after that upgrade ( Dingo) the "internal sdcard" (or whatever plays this role in the PE) was mounted again.
Maybe an upgrade ( or a factory reset + upgrade) may help ?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
Ressie
Edge User

Has anyone tried going into Menu >Settings > Device Storage > Data storage device, and seeing if it's set to the internal SD, as when I set mine, it auto mounts it, and then auto mounts it on each subsequent reboot.