Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Tabbi
Tabbi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
I'll try to keep this sweet and short.

Hey there everyone!

Name's Tabitha - Tabbi for short. I'm new around here, having recently found out about eReaders and their eInk technology. A friend of mine brought over her Sony PRS-505 and I was so impressed by it, I immediately purchased a brand new model from eBay.

The price was pretty steep, considering that it is an older technology & I'm sure the fact that I chose the red model over silver adds to the cost as well, but ever since seeing my friend's PRS-505, I have just fallen in love with it! I'm pretty much a bookworm, having bought hundreds of books from online stores. My other half swears that I love my books more than him.

So urm. Yeah, that's basically all I have to say for now. Just wanted to drop by, say hello and meet some new eReader owners.
Tabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Tabbi

Oh and by the way, does anyone have some good eBooks to recommend as I'd like to start hunting around for some while waiting for my Sony to arrive? It's due to arrive next Wednesday or so and I'm so restless, I just can't sit around knowing it's on its way to me!
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome Tabitha (sounds better than tabbi which sounds like a cat ) I have two 505s and love them.

As far as what to read, there are ton of free and well-formatted books in the library here. Also free books at books.google.com and at feedbooks. Many other places to purchase books and be sure and check your local library and see if they have electronic check outs mine does here in Denver and it's great! Check the Wiki for places to get books:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Main_Page

Enjoy!

Last edited by kennyc; 11-28-2009 at 11:01 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Tabbi & welcome to MR the place where heaps of nice people hang out willing to help us newbies with our questions.

For books check out this link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43794

and also the sections Deals, Freebies & Resources as well as EBook uploads here on MR. There are so many free eBooks to be had and new authors to discover you won't know where to stop

Enjoy
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tabbi and welcome to9 MobileRead. We're all addicted and we all spend too much on eBooks. You'll fit in fine
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hello there, Tabbi. Pop into my own store and just drop me an email of any titles that catch your eye. I'll be happy to send them free of charge to help get you going. ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign).

You'd also be well advised while you wait for your 505 (I have one, too -- great wee machine) to download the free Calibre library software to your computer and get to know it. It's a simple and effective way of converting and storing your books, developed by an MR member. There's a whole forum dedicated to this here at MR.

Cheers and good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #7
Tabbi

Nice meeting you guys. You've really made me feel welcome!

And thank you so much for the offer Neilmarr. Will have a look at your store now. Seems really promising. I can't wait to grab a few books for my long flight in two weeks.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbi View Post
Nice meeting you guys. You've really made me feel welcome!

And thank you so much for the offer Neilmarr. Will have a look at your store now. Seems really promising. I can't wait to grab a few books for my long flight in two weeks.

I think flying/traveling is where e-readers really shine in their capabilities!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
There's quite a bunch of titles to trawl through, Tabbi. If it's easier for you, just let me know your preferred genre/s and I'll suggest a few books. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote