Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
NormalJoe
NormalJoe began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad
Paragraph/line space - "n" added

I am converting PDF docs using Calibre. It seems that a "n" character has been added to what seems to be line spacing between paragraphs or lines. Is there a fix for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.PNG
Views:	554
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	65490  
NormalJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalJoe View Post
I am converting PDF docs using Calibre. It seems that a "n" character has been added to what seems to be line spacing between paragraphs or lines. Is there a fix for this?
This is the first I've seen this.

What are you converting these PDFs to?
What version of calibre are you using?
What OS is calibre running on?

Someone might be along with knowledge of this problem.

Here is the official calibre line on PDF conversions.

Until you can find a solution you might want to leave PDF files in their native PDF format. I understand that iBooks reads PDF files now as does the Goodreader App.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
NormalJoe

Thanx for your response,
I am converting them to EPUB,
The Calibre version is 0.7.42
The OS is OS X 10.6.6

I've tried various setting and different docs, but they're all the same.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

\n is used in regex S+R for newline
I wonder if the replace got farkled
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalJoe View Post
Thanx for your response,
I am converting them to EPUB,
The Calibre version is 0.7.42
The OS is OS X 10.6.6

I've tried various setting and different docs, but they're all the same.
A few more questions if you don't mind.
  • This happens on every PDF conversion?
  • Have you viewed them in calibre's viewer or other ePub viewer to see if they look the same?
  • Could this be something unique to the iPad's viewer?
You could open a ticket and attached the pdf and the resultant ePub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
NormalJoe

I've tried a iWork Pages doc converted to pdf and pdf downloads - all the same
The viewer shows the "n's"
Hope not. I am just starting with my library and want to resolve this before I do all books
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
NormalJoe

I just tried to register to create a ticket, but I get an error message when registering. I can not see a field where it asks for an e-mail address. I assume it is the user name field?

Error
The email address specified appears to be invalid. Please specify a valid email address.