Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
Brynzane
Brynzane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Altered titles not reflecting in the ebook viewer or on Kindle

Kindle Paperwhite 2

I have several mobi files that I added to my calibre library and used the edit metadata feature to change their titles and authors.
The changes appear fine in the library, but when viewed through the ebook viewer or sent directly to my kindle, they still list the old title and author.

I've been scratching my head over this for a while, What more can I check to get the changed titles and author to stick?
Brynzane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:13 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That is working as intended. When you edit the metadata, the database used for the is updated, but not the actual book files. These will have the metadata updated when you do something like save to disk or send to device. If you want the metadata in the books in the library to be updated, you need to use the Embed Metadata or Polish books functions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
Brynzane

The metadata doesn't update after sending to device. I used the Embed Metadata function but that had zero effect. I can't use the Polish Books function because it doesn't support mobi.
The only thing I've seen fix it is by converting the files, but that isn't an option because these mobi are made with Kindle Comic Converter and trying to convert them in Calibre completely breaks the formatting.

Maybe there a third party extension I could use to get calibre to play nice with the comic formats and conversions?
Old 05-16-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Metadata cannot be updated in joint mobi files, which is what KCC produces. And there is no software I knowof that updated metadata in these files. I have no idea if KCC comics will still work after being split, but if so, you can use the KindleSplit plugin to unbundle the joint MOBI files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
Brynzane

Thank you atleast now I know the problem!
I came to the solution of manually renaming the .cbz before converting using KCC to fix the title. Still no way to fix the author, even the built in KCC metadata editor doesn't seem to stick by the time I transfer the new mobi to Calibre, but that's fine the title was more important. I'm sure there are other programs or plugins to get to the level of polish I want, but at this point it's such a minor issue I'm satisfied and ready to just start reading some comics. Hopefully we see a KCC plugin for Calibre at some point in the future. Calibre is seriously perfect for ebooks but lacking for comics and manga.

Tags
metadata calibre title, troubleshooting