Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #31
jamd1
jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!jamd1 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle touch
when is public a new version more stable??.. without the sound problem!
Thanks!
jamd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #32
wp9omp
wp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheesewp9omp can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle touch
Smile Gnash does not appear in Kual

Hello,

I was unable to use Gnash with Kual on my kindle touch, because the menu.json contained an error. Although Kual reported the error (somewhere...) I just found this issue only after I have deleted all the extensions, and asked Kual, to flush the error log into a document. The problem was the following:

In menu.json in line 9 at column 109 there is a comma:
...lugin.sh", "params": "0"},

This causes Kual to stop parsing the file (expected <item>, but found ']' - or something similar).

I deleted the the comma, and Gnash appeared in Kual.

I use the following menu.json
Spoiler:

Code:
{
	"items": [
		{
			"name": "Gnash",
			"priority": 0,
			"items": [
				{"name": "Player", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/gnash-gtk-launcher"},
				{"name": "Enable browser plugin", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/plugin.sh", "params": "1"},
				{"name": "Disable browser plugin", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/plugin.sh", "params": "0"}
			]
		}
	]
}

Thank you all for creating all these cool softwares/ports
wp9omp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #33
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
thanks.

Fixed package posted to top post until baf get's round to fixing it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp9omp View Post
In menu.json in line 9 at column 109 there is a comma:
...lugin.sh", "params": "0"},

This causes Kual to stop parsing the file (expected <item>, but found ']' - or something similar).

I deleted the the comma, and Gnash appeared in Kual.
I know my answer is a bit late, but thanks anyway! I didn't notice it earlier.
I corrected package on my website.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:25 PM   #35
finitelife
finitelife will become famous soon enoughfinitelife will become famous soon enoughfinitelife will become famous soon enoughfinitelife will become famous soon enoughfinitelife will become famous soon enoughfinitelife will become famous soon enough

Device: PaperWhite
this doesn't initially work with the PaperWhite v1 (I assume v2 also). The reason being '/lib/libasound.so.2' does not exist. I tested using the libasound found in the rdesktop package (mntroot rw;ln -s /mnt/us/extensions/rdesktop/lib/libasound.so.2 /lib/libasound.so.2;mntroot ro) and it worked.

Can we get an update with libasound statically compiled?
finitelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by finitelife View Post
this doesn't initially work with the PaperWhite v1 (I assume v2 also). The reason being '/lib/libasound.so.2' does not exist. I tested using the libasound found in the rdesktop package (mntroot rw;ln -s /mnt/us/extensions/rdesktop/lib/libasound.so.2 /lib/libasound.so.2;mntroot ro) and it worked.

Can we get an update with libasound statically compiled?
And what are you going to use to listen to it with?

Shall we also statically compile in speakers?

Seriously, perhaps a dummy libasound or a build without audio might be a better solution for the Kindles without audio hardware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, flash, gui launcher, kindle touch, launcher add-ons