Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Ejecting K2 Int'l from Calibre on Windows Vista Home Premium

When I connect my K2 to Calibre (all versions including 0.6.34) it is recognized by the computer and Calibre. If I eject it from "My Computer" it ejects properly (disappears from My Computer and Calibre, and can be used without unplugging the USB cable). However, if I eject from Calibre, it disappears from My Computer and Calibre but its screen still shows "USB Drive Mode" and it cannot be used until I unplug the USB cable.

This is a minor issue, but does anyone know why this happens? It doesn't occur on my other PC which runs on Windows XP.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Maybe this is it

If when your drive is connected you go to My computer and right click on it and choose properties, you can then choose the Hardware tab. Then hgihlight the device and chose the Properties button.

This gives you yet more tabs! Under the policies tab is write caching and safe removal and you can disable write caching so that you can simply remove the drive without having to use the safe removal icon.

This is just a guess.

Ever since I got this vista 64 computer, it does not turn off the light on the 505 even when safely removing, yet I have experienced no data corruption.

Your mileage may vary.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ejecting devices on windows is a bit of a black art, perhaps the system calls calibre uses dont work well on some vista systems, opena ticket and I'll look into it when I have the time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks for the responses
Old 01-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net

mrmikel's suggestion works perfectly--no need to eject the Kindle, just unplug. I won't bother with a ticket--I'm sure Kovid has more important things to work on!
Advert