Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Hi Res Pictures of the Jetbook

I will be opening my Jetbook and taking a series of pictures of the inside of the Jetbook.

I also have a high resolution camera on a microscope so I can take closeup pictures of anything anyone else needs.

If other people are are interested in these photos I will be able to post them to rapidshare.com or hotfile.com

I am looking at the system to do a hardware layout in preparation for possibly doing custom firmware for the Jetbook.

I would like to pool information with others out there.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Since I already disassembled the jetBook, you might check that thread for some instructions. It's easy enough to figure out, though.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Not unlike taking apart and IPOD. I guess its just the engineer in me
Old 12-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ

Here are the Pictures and Parts List

First here are the pictures

2 - Texas Instruments 320DAC23 Stereo Digital to analogue converter with amplifier

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4199560594

2 - Mactronix International 8M-BIT [1M x 8/512K x 16] CMOS SINGLE VOLTAGE Flash Memory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4198805417

1 - Samsung KF962G08U0A 256M x 8 Bit NAND Flash Memory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4198805885

1 - SGMicro SGM324 Quad Cmos operational amplifier

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4199560406/

1 - Integrated Silicon Solutions IS42S16160D 256 Mbit Synchronous Dram

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4198805809

1 - Dragon Ball 200 Mhz CPU

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4198805631

This is a block diagram of the CPU

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45819972@N08/4198833579

This is the parts list and what the parts are

2 - Texas Instruments 320DAC23 Stereo Digital to analogue converter with amplifier
2 - Mactronix International 8M-BIT [1M x 8/512K x 16] CMOS SINGLE VOLTAGE Flash Memory
1 - Samsung KF962G08U0A 256M x 8 Bit NAND Flash Memory
1 - SGMicro SGM324 Quad Cmos operational amplifier
1 - Integrated Silicon Solutions IS42S16160D 256 Mbit Synchronous Dram

1 - Dragon Ball 200 Mhz CPU

With the following specs

ARM920T Microprocessor Core
AHB to IP Bus Interfaces (AIPIs)
External Interface Module (EIM)
SDRAM Controller (SDRAMC)
DPLL Clock and Power Control Module
Two Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitters (UART 1 and UART 2)
Two Serial Peripheral Interfaces (SPI1 and SPI2)
Two General-Purpose 32-bit Counters/Timers
Watchdog Timer
Real-Time Clock/Sampling Timer (RTC)
LCD Controller (LCDC)
Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) Module Universal Serial Bus (USB) Device
Multimedia Card and Secure Digital (MMC/SD) Host Controller Module
Memory Stick® Host Controller (MSHC) Direct Memory Access Controller (DMAC)
Synchronous Serial Interface and Inter-IC Sound (SSI/I2S) Module
Inter-IC (I2C) Bus Module
Video Port
General-Purpose I/O (GPIO) Ports Bootstrap Mode
Multimedia Accelerator (MMA)
Power Management Features
Operating Voltage Range: 1.7 V to 1.98 V core, 1.7 V to 3,3 V I/O

This is the breakdown of what is on the main board of the Jetbook. I find it interesting that it looks like there is a serial port for debug purposes. There is also the capability to run a monitor but it looks like the external components are not installed. This CPU also has the capability to run as a USB Host if the software stack where to be installed.

Last edited by gr8npwrfl; 12-20-2009 at 02:43 AM. Reason: fix
Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Thank you!
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Wow. A 200 MHz Dragon Ball. That explains a lot about why some of the actions are sooo sloooow. It also explains how they can get a 3000 MAh battery to last for a week. You give, and you get.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
Wow. A 200 MHz Dragon Ball. That explains a lot about why some of the actions are sooo sloooow. It also explains how they can get a 3000 MAh battery to last for a week. You give, and you get.
Interestingly, I found that in some parts of the Libre firmware it is faster. When loading the books list, it takes a long time to load, but after it does, the menus and folders and nearly INSTANT (compare with a slight delay on each new page for the jetBook firmware). They must be caching the data.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote