Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
Marvin 3 and iPad Pro 10.5

I'm thinking of getting this model of the iPad. Can anybody tell me if the new iPad size will require a refresh on pixel size in Marvin 3 to accomodate the new dimensions or is Marvin 3 ready to go as it is right now? Thanks.
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:59 AM   #2
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfamy1 View Post
I'm thinking of getting this model of the iPad. Can anybody tell me if the new iPad size will require a refresh on pixel size in Marvin 3 to accomodate the new dimensions or is Marvin 3 ready to go as it is right now? Thanks.
I have the iPad Pro 9.7, and Marvin 3 works very well here.
I don't know what a refresh in pixel size mean?
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #3
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
I have the iPad Pro 9.7, and Marvin 3 works very well here.
I don't know what a refresh in pixel size mean?
I'm referring to the overall appearance of the iPad Pro 10.5 size and whether Marvin 3.0 will be able to scale up to the new size without leaving either black bars on the side or cheezy pixels on the app itself if it doesn't get a pixel density refresh when Apple packs more pixels per square inch on the new display. That's what I'm talking about.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You can try to install the free version of Marvin in-store and see. I've done that at several retail outlets - including apple store. Worst case ask the customer rep to install for you. They'll do almost anything for a sale!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

Can you tell me if Marvin is designed for the ultra big 12 size version of the iPad Pro because the 10.5 is the smaller one that's being released.
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #6
lucretius
lucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to beholdlucretius is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad Mini 5
Yes, Marvin uses the full resolution of the 12.9 iPad Pro (I have the 1.Gen).
lucretius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #7
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucretius View Post
Yes, Marvin uses the full resolution of the 12.9 iPad Pro (I have the 1.Gen).
I've got my answer then. I now have the go ahead signal to purchase the iPad Pro 10.5. If the answer had been no on the Marvin issue alone I wouldn't even bother thinking about a purchase.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:37 AM   #8
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
I've got my answer then. I now have the go ahead signal to purchase the iPad Pro 10.5. If the answer had been no on the Marvin issue alone I wouldn't even bother thinking about a purchase.
There are many great reading apps that can take advantage of the full resolution of ALL iPad and iPad Pro models.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:31 AM   #9
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
There are many great reading apps that can take advantage of the full resolution of ALL iPad and iPad Pro models.
And none with the flexibility and ease of Marvin. My opinion of course.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
And none with the flexibility and ease of Marvin. My opinion of course.
It's kinda sad when people post almost exclusively about "their favorite reading app" on a different app's forum. It's like they are an employee of said "favorite reading app" and are just trying to troll for advertisement...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote