Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

iTunes 11.0 available to download

iTunes 11.0 available to download. It is different looking. Looks like it is faster, but I have not had time to play with it much.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
Downloading mine right now
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I installed it this morning. First impressions are favourable. I like the new UI.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I got a pop-up this morning telling me it was available, so I downloaded it. I don't use iTunes much. Every now and then, I'll pop in to get an app; and that's pretty much all I ever use it for.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I downloaded it this afternoon after syncing playlists between my Mac and my cheapie Android cell phone (now that I have a 32gb micro-sd card installed in it thanks to the Black Friday threads here -- thank you tubemonkey!), and I really like it!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Not impressed. Changes without any real improvements.

iTunes needs to go.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
WiFi sync was working great for me from when it was introduced up until a few months ago when it just stopped working. It must have been around the time I got by iPhone, but it stopped working for my iPad also. I was hoping 11 would fix it but no such luck.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Not impressed. Changes without any real improvements.

iTunes needs to go.
I agree change for the sake of it not impressed I much preferred 10 but would really like something like Media Monkey to manage my apps as well rather than being locked in to Apple's c*****y software. It still has the same error in the installer on 64bit Win 7 that 9 did, why don't they fix it? Shame they make good products but lousy software.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #9
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I'm finding it speedier and I like the UI. Synced with my other idevices no problem. Only have 1 issue and that is a few songs that were in a compilation album have jumped out on there own and I'm having no luck getting them to go back in
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
It still has the same error in the installer on 64bit Win 7 that 9 did, why don't they fix it?
What error? I've installed it on 3 different PCs running 64-bit Windows 7, and I haven't seen any errors.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you side-load a podcast file, you can no longer change the media kind from Music to Podcast and have it appear in your list of podcasts.

Hopefully this is just a bug that will be fixed quickly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Love the overhauled UI, love the speed. Lost a lot of bloat.

Love it.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
never mind...

Last edited by kyteflyer; 12-03-2012 at 06:30 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #14
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If you side-load a podcast file, you can no longer change the media kind from Music to Podcast and have it appear in your list of podcasts.

Hopefully this is just a bug that will be fixed quickly.
Haven't tried this. I wonder how a podcast is defined as opposed to music. mp3? AAC? Going to have a look, myself, now. (yep, looks like if its mp3, its music. grrr, oh well, they want us to use a specific podcast app on the phone, wonder whats in the wings...)

Last edited by kyteflyer; 12-03-2012 at 06:06 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #15
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What error? I've installed it on 3 different PCs running 64-bit Windows 7, and I haven't seen any errors.
The "applesyncnotifier.exe entry point not found" error because it places required DLL's in the 32bit instead of 64bit directory.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote