Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Kranf Kindle Collection Manager Questions

I tried the Kranf Kindle Collection Manager last night and
it worked fairly well, but I had a few minor issues

1. Active content (notepad, etc .ASW2 Type) did not move out of the
root documents folder and into the collection directory.

2. I have my dictionaries in a collection (Reference)
they did not go into a collection

3. Some books (.AZW1 type) did not move out of the
root documents folder and into the collection directory.

All the problems were easily corrected by manually moving them into the
collections from the kindle, but upon re-running the Kranf Kindle Collection
Manager the above apps got pulled back out of the collections.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited by Harry_Y; 07-21-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Same issue with Games in Kranf: FANTASTIC PROGRAM

First of all, I too have that problem with all my games. They "move" out of folder but I just stick them right back in (only got ten) no biggee for me.

Second, for anyone who comes to this thread with Kranf questions, I HEARTILY recommend this product. (No connection to creator) works SO easily, here's my VERY SHORT "How To" for anyone looking for Kranf.

Download the ... download ... from first site page.

http://www.applied-mathematics.net/t...onManager.html

1. Connect kindle to PC.
2. Run KKCM_collections2Dir.exe program.
3. Click Yes button
4. Click NO in popup window where it says to "update your collections .json file so it synchronizes" etc.
5. In Documents folder on Kindle drive make whatever folders you need and put books inside whatever folders they should be in.
6. Now run KKCM_dir2_collections.exe in folder labeled Kranfkindle
7. Click OK
8. Remove Kindle and click and HOLD button to restart - make sure it goes entirely to white and restart or it will restart TO SCREEN Boy on Hill and moving line showing Kindle restarting.

Move any laggards into files.

And there's a FANTASTIC how-to-use video on the site.

THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME!!!
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Kranf

I agree!!!!! Finally a Kindle Collection Manager that actually works. Yes, I had the same problem you guys had, but who cares? I have 3000 books on my Kindle 3 and having to deal with a few, or even better, just leaving them where they are, is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Does it work with a Jailbroken K3?
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro99 View Post
Try it... I don't see why it would not.

Mine is stock as I have not had a reason to change it
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
whitedirewolf
E-ink Lover
whitedirewolf began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro99 View Post
Yes, it does. I've jailbroken my Kindle 3 and also installed the font hack, and everything works just as promised!
whitedirewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
pietro99
Connoisseur
pietro99 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Thanks. It seems to be definitely worth a try.
pietro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Will this cause problems with Calibre? Is it an either/or, or can I use Calibre to send books to my KSO, disconnect it, then run the collection software? I've got over 1100 Kindle books, including lots of freebies, and if I don't somehow get them organized soon I'm gonna croak! Can't find anything, and sorting by title or author doesn't mean much when you can't remember either one. . . .
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #9
Harry_Y
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoddess View Post
Will this cause problems with Calibre? Is it an either/or, or can I use Calibre to send books to my KSO, disconnect it, then run the collection software? I've got over 1100 Kindle books, including lots of freebies, and if I don't somehow get them organized soon I'm gonna croak! Can't find anything, and sorting by title or author doesn't mean much when you can't remember either one. . . .
I really don't know but suspect it may

It basically takes the directories (folders) that you have and turns them into
collections with the books in each Directory now being in that collection.

It is a very quick and simple way of putting books into collections.

My suggestion would be to find one way of doing it and stick to that method.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's exactly what I want to do, I just don't know which one to choose. I'm rather intimidated by all of the power users around here. I'm no dummy, but some of this scripting stuff goes way over my head. I just installed my first Calibre plugin two days ago, so I'm still very much a noob on all of this stuff!

I'll try posting a separate thread asking for suggestions on the easiest to use collection manager and see what happens.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
Harry_Y
Addict

Quote:
That's exactly what I want to do, I just don't know which one to choose. I'm rather intimidated by all of the power users around here. I'm no dummy, but some of this scripting stuff goes way over my head. I just installed my first Calibre plugin two days ago, so I'm still very much a noob on all of this stuff!

I'll try posting a separate thread asking for suggestions on the easiest to use collection manager and see what happens.
Good Luck

As for being intimidated... When my car breaks my mechanic is
the smartest guy I know, It is all just what you are good at.

I'm an IT guy but I just want it to work simple and easy.
I see enough of all this at work everyday to just want
to be a "normal" user at the end of the day.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur

I know exactly what you mean! I write mobile tech software and hardware reviews, and sometimes I just want to enjoy my tech instead of wrestling with it, beta testing it, or picking it apart in an article.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Just passing by to give the heads up for the updated version of Collection Manager, supposedly it's working fine now with .azw1 at least but haven't tried it out yet.

And it now haves 2 versions, a free that's exactly the same and a payed that have the possibility of apply the same book to different collection and a recursive thingy for sub-folders. For example if you have a folder named Fantasy with a sub-folder named Epic it will create a collection named Fantasy > Epic or something like that. But for me it's not like a necessary thing, so for now I'll stay with free as it seems to have everything from previous versions.

*EDIT* Seems payed version isn't ready yet too, was going to see price but it's not available.

Last edited by AkumaTakeshi; 08-04-2011 at 11:06 PM.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #14
Sabrina99
Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
*EDIT* Seems payed version isn't ready yet too, was going to see price but it's not available.
It's ready now.

Quote:
Will this cause problems with Calibre?
You can use KKCM with Calibre as long as you copy your books inside the right directories inside your kindle. Calibre already stores the books inside a directory structure that you can simply copy/paste (using the file explorer) inside the kindle. The Calibre-directory-structure will work nicely wih KKCM to produce the required collection names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
First of all, I too have that problem with all my games. They "move" out of folder but I just stick them right back in (only got ten) no biggee for me.
This has been solved in v0.03
Sabrina99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
Sabrina99
Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabrina99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
..just a quick post to let you know that there is another thread bout the same topic: KKCM. Here is the link to the other thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148364
Sabrina99 is offline   Reply With Quote