Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
cipri
Banned
cipri is on a distinguished road

Device: PB 903
PB - Jokes

This thread should have a funny content and make people laugh. There are a lot of jokes - categories. Likes jokes about cars, blond girls, communists, and so on.... . I think now it's time for Pocketbook Jokes too.
Please try to make in that thread just jokes, and komment just jokes, and not talk about something else.

Last edited by cipri; 04-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
cipri
Banned

Recently there have been complains about delated Updates, and so the PB developers decided to teach the users with an example how they can make an update by themselves. You think it's not possible? It is!

Example: Firmware 2.0.6 for Model 903

step 1: downloade the file sw_903_2.0.5.zip
step 2: mark that file with the mouse.
step 3: press on F2
step 4: replace the "5" with a "6"
step 5: press enter

Congratulations, you just created the Firmware 2.0.6 by your own!!
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
cipri
Banned

question:
What can PB do to increase their programming performance/productivity?

Answer:
Teach the ukraine pb programmers to type with 10 fingers instead just with 2 fingers :-)
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
cipri
Banned

question:
How many programmers would PB need, so that there are no more delays at releasing updates?

answer:
I don't know, but it's already proven than one is too less.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
So it's not enough to bring all that "fun" to the German forum? We know you're not a huge fan of Pocketbook. That's cool. Get over it already and get a life.
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Yeah, get a life, buy a Sony! Or any other non-PB reader.

Anyway: let's not stifle one another (bad companies dream of silent users) and at least have some fun. Lord knows we paid to enjoy a PB reader; crossing out reader, PB remains to have some fun with. So Cipri, go ahead.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
So it's not enough to bring all that "fun" to the German forum? We know you're not a huge fan of Pocketbook. That's cool. Get over it already and get a life.
I was getting pretty tired of the relentless bitching and highjacking of other threads, so I find this to be a pleasant change from that (post #2 actually made me laugh ). Besides, laughing about a problem is a good way to get over it. I say: keep the wisecracks coming.

How many PocketBook managers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? We will release the answer on June 6.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
So it's not enough to bring all that "fun" to the German forum?
Let us - English Speaking PocketBook Users - have at least some fun.
It is enough that official PocketBook representatives only post on German forum for the last few months.

Representatives of EUROPEAN distributor of PocketBook grumble that Guys in Kiev ignore European users, and yet, our dear German friends treat us - non German speaking community - the same way.

Besides, jokes on German forum aren't nearly as funny through Translate.google.com that I *have* to use to see what is going on!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
emil.m
Banned
emil.m began at the beginning.

Device: 603
How it's possible to be banned for making inoffensive jokes, in a "jokes thread", and without using any kind of injuries? It's totally unclear to me. As I can remember from history books, only in communistic countries like china you can be banned (or send to prison) for making jokes.

It would be interesting to know who is responsible for that. To me it looks like an abuse.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #10
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
I very much doubt the ban was because of this thread, the over the top ranting by hijacking of other threads might have been.
Yes free speech is great, politeness also has a value.
We all feel ignored by PB and wish for better service, it doesn't mean we need to negatively impact other peoples usage of these forums.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
I very much doubt the ban was because of this thread, the over the top ranting by hijacking of other threads might have been.
Yes free speech is great, politeness also has a value.
We all feel ignored by PB and wish for better service, it doesn't mean we need to negatively impact other peoples usage of these forums.
Did someone get banned? If so, how can you tell?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
The ban was long expected, OP has made many other posts in the german section that were definitely not following the rules of MR
Old 04-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
The ban was long expected, OP has made many other posts in the german section that were definitely not following the rules of MR
Hmm, it's too bad if these jokes resulted in the ban, then. I found the repeated factual complaints to be much more of a drag on the atmosphere here than these quips. In fact, it was my hope that the jokes might help to clear the air in this forum. Even those of us who like our PB readers have been slowly becoming more cynical towards the company and abandoning the forum because of a lack of positive news. Why, even paolamanzini complained bitterly one time, which truly had me worried at the time. Still, I'll have to be more careful with any jokes in the future.

Q: How many MR moderators does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: One.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #14
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
You can convince yourself, look at all comments of cipri in the last two weeks for example, and you will notice that nearly all comments are just jokes that were written in a jokes-thread.
It's very clear, that the ban was for the jokes, because some people didnt like to see jokes about pocketbook.
All the jokes dont use injuries or bad words, they seem to be constructed with the intention to seem funny.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:11 AM   #15
emil.m
Banned

I think, I have a good joke too about the ukraine programmers:

As everybody can see, the progress of the last updates is very little. What is the reason for that? Why does the development move so slow?

Answer: In Ukraine the compiler hasn't been invented yet and so the ukraine pocketbook developers are still programming directly in binary (machine) code.
Once they step up to assembly or c++ we can expect major improvements.

Last edited by emil.m; 04-06-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Closed Thread