Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Calibre ePUB to LRF

In approximately 1/3 of the conversions of Sigil ePub to LRF, all headers and other items formatted as "CENTER" show up as left justified. The formatting is essentially identical in all files. At least from my checks.

Before i post an issue, I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong. I would appreciate a Calibre expert checking the files.

Attached are the ePub and the LRF output from Calibre.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: epub Captivating Mary Carstairs.epub (379.3 KB, 298 views)
File Type: lrf Captivating Mary Carstairs.lrf (391.4 KB, 281 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
LRF output is no longer maintained, so you're on your own.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
LRF output is no longer maintained, so you're on your own.
Gee!!! Thanks.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
For LRF output nothing beats BookDesigner.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
In approximately 1/3 of the conversions of Sigil ePub to LRF, all headers and other items formatted as "CENTER" show up as left justified. The formatting is essentially identical in all files. At least from my checks.
If you have a second machine or virtual machine you might want to try calibre 0.5.14 this version had the best conversion to lrf. After 0.6 epub prevailed and calibre was swapped over to a plugin system so all the 100s of hours of code on conversion to lrf that was built into 0.5.14 didn't make the transition to a plugin format. This version is not compatible with the current database in any way but should work well for stand alone conversions.

If you Google it you can still find it out there, it is about 25meg and a exe file.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you have a second machine or virtual machine you might want to try calibre 0.5.14 this version had the best conversion to lrf. After 0.6 epub prevailed and calibre was swapped over to a plugin system so all the 100s of hours of code on conversion to lrf that was built into 0.5.14 didn't make the transition to a plugin format. This version is not compatible with the current database in any way but should work well for stand alone conversions.

If you Google it you can still find it out there, it is about 25meg and a exe file.

Good Luck.
Thank you very much. I don't know why support for LRF would be dropped and yet continue to publish a tool which obviously flawed.

Is LRF supposed to be gone? Readers continue to download LRF books I post.
I think I have read that SONY now supports ePub.

I haven't found Calibre v. 0.5.14 but will continue to search and use it until I'm convinced LRF is now gone.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Thank you very much. I don't know why support for LRF would be dropped and yet continue to publish a tool which obviously flawed.

Is LRF supposed to be gone? Readers continue to download LRF books I post.
I think I have read that SONY now supports ePub.

I haven't found Calibre v. 0.5.14 but will continue to search and use it until I'm convinced LRF is now gone.
Sony discontinued LRF as their primary format some years back in favor of epub. LRF is only supported for backward compatibility purposes. Most likely the reason some users still download it is that on older readers like the PRS-505 LRF supports full justification and epub doesn't. Either that or the users just don't know any better.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Calibre's goal is conversion of books into a readable format. It isn't a ebook creation or ebook publishing tool.

Quote:
Is LRF supposed to be gone? Readers continue to download LRF books I post. I think I have read that SONY now supports ePub.
Yes LRF is gone, Sony switched its store entirely to ePub over a year ago (Dec 09).

Quote:
You can find a copy here in post 76. (Keep in mind that 0.5.2 thru 0.5.9 were beta for 0.6.0)
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
PsyWiped
PsyWiped began at the beginning.

Device: android
Windows 7 x64 python 2.7 calibre 0.7.9

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 157, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 869, in dispatch_sync_event
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1237, in sync_to_device
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions.py", line 1021, in auto_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 42, in convert_single_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 252, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\metadata.py", line 213, in commit
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 958, in set_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1047, in set_authors
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 193, in run
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 157, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file
PsyWiped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyWiped View Post
Windows 7 x64 python 2.7 calibre 0.7.9
This version is 37 versions out of date. The newest version is 0.7.46, think of 0.7.9 as 0.7.09.

Update to the newest version and report back if you have the same error.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
This version is 37 versions out of date. The newest version is 0.7.46, think of 0.7.9 as 0.7.09.

Update to the newest version and report back if you have the same error.

this is from v. 0.7.46.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Exit the Skeleton.lrf (295.3 KB, 265 views)
File Type: epub Exit the Skeleton.epub (260.0 KB, 274 views)