Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
reddragon317
reddragon317 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
intro and question

Hello all,

Happy Thanksgiving! I have a K3 and it's jailbroken and the SS hack has been added. To what folder do I save images and how do I get them to work on my K3?

Thanks in advance.

Reddragon317
reddragon317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Need to learn something: What does the term jailbreaking mean in reference to a Kindle? I am use to iPhones being jailbroken but never heard of this being done to a kindle.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Here's mine (at the moment the k3 shows up as L: drive)

L:\linkss\screensavers

So the images go in the screensavers folder.

Remember to restart anytime you add new images or they don't show up.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Sorry I don't use a Kindle RedDraggon, but I'm sure you'll soon have the sound advice you need from our many resident Kindlers. Just calling by to thank you for your new company and to wish you and those around you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The term "jailbreaking" isn't really applicable to the Kindle. I think the OP just means s/he has applied one or more hacks.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
reddragon317
reddragon317 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi all,

Thanks for the info. Indeed "jailbreak" refers to an iphone. It actually means that the device is open so that I can now apply various hacks to it. Here is the link where I found the word associate with the K3.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

Best regards,
reddragon317 (aka Michael)
reddragon317 is offline   Reply With Quote