Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Missing last line on Glo

I've tried searching, since this sounds familiar, but I can't find anything in this forum about this weird problem.

For a specific kepub (purchased from Kobo), my husband's Glo is missing the last line on every page (not cut off, not showing part of the line). Either that, or the next page starts exactly 1 line later than it should.

This is for every font size and every line spacing he's tried. It's OK on his mini, so he can read the book on that device just fine.

Is there a workaround to this? He showed it to me on the plane - fortunately he had his mini with him or it would have been a long trip.

It's a self-published book if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does he have any hacks, or patches installed? For instance the full screen reading option in the conf file?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I've had this problem for a few kepubs (epubs converted while transferred). To solve it I converted epub to epub in Calibre adding the CSS line
page { margin-bottom: 5pt; margin-top: 5pt;}.

I have no hack nor patch.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, my husband does not know about hacks or patches ... he barely sideloads. His Glo is vanilla 3.11.0.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As it is one book, it is probably something in that book. Can we have a link? Maybe we can see what is wrong by looking at the preview.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
dmacmart
Fanatic

Heh. He can't reproduce it today. I definitely saw it, and I thought he had powered it off and on; but maybe not. Thanks for your help anyway.

He can't remember what book it was since he has read one or two since Sunday, when it happened. It might have been http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebo...ead-man-s-hand but it is displaying fine today.