Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Well thats annoying!

It seems there's a free e-book available by Greg Egan on amazon and B&N. Great, only on amazon its only available if youre not in the UK, and B&N want credit card details! 1 I dont have a bank account and 2 if I did I wouldn't be giving my details out!

Last edited by Cyclops; 08-07-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: missed out a vital word!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What's the problem? You ARE in the UK - at least, so your profile says. Where do you normally buy your ebooks from?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Cyclops
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What's the problem? You ARE in the UK - at least, so your profile says. Where do you normally buy your ebooks from?
Ah missed out the word 'not'!
Theyre only available to those in the US!
As for where I buy my e-books from, I havent bought any yet! The only ebooks I have are old out of print ones from project gutenberg etc.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid that's life: regional restrictions, like it or not, are a part of the ebook world. A publisher will very often only have the right to distribute a book in, say, North America or Europe.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid that's life: regional restrictions, like it or not, are a part of the ebook world. A publisher will very often only have the right to distribute a book in, say, North America or Europe.
Its not just books! Im fed up of those competitions where you can win a Eric Clapton Strat...but only if youre in the US, even tho Clapton is British!
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it. Sorry that you can't.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Thank you so much! I've just got it.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #8
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
It seems there's a free e-book available by Greg Egan on amazon and B&N. Great, only on amazon its only available if youre not in the UK, and B&N want credit card details! 1 I dont have a bank account and 2 if I did I wouldn't be giving my details out!
Which one? None are showing for me (AUS).

Maybe it's a matter of in-the-usa rather than not-in-uk
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy_s View Post
Which one? None are showing for me (AUS).

Maybe it's a matter of in-the-usa rather than not-in-uk
Yes i made a cock up in my original post, see above!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Zendegi was offered by the publisher (Night Shade) some time ago if you signed up to their newsletter, and they didn't care where you were from.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131812
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Download and use Hotspot Shield. I used it all the time when I lived in Japan to block my IP address and I downloaded mp3s from Amazon that way. It may work with books too, might be worth a try.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote