Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
BNoye
BNoye began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v2
Had me an adventure... but getting back to normal... almost. Menu Question!

Ok. I managed to brick my Iliad a little... but thanks to all the awesome posters, I managed to get it back to normal. Only a little panic. Ok... a lot.

Now. Here's the thing. The original owner had adjusted the menu's somehow so that they were smaller. i.e. the system menu fit onto one page vs the default of two and the library lists were much longer... I feel like I'm using my niece's LeapPad with the menu sizes right now.

So. Anyone have any idea how to go about adjusting this?
BNoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
tomm
tomm began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd edition
Improved contentLister

Dear BNoye,

probably the improved contentLister developed by "Great Hansel" had been installed before.

Maybe you should have a look at this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=contentlister

Best Regards
Tomm
tomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
@tomm: I was a minute too late with the same link

Personally I prefer 8 items per page.

Last edited by dima_tr; 08-18-2010 at 10:48 AM.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
BNoye

Much much appreciated!!

Not having luck getting it running... but reading through the posts to see if someone had a similar issue. Basically... extract to CF, run install, select 20, select reboot. nothing. Manuals shutdown/restart nothing...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNoye View Post
Much much appreciated!!

Not having luck getting it running... but reading through the posts to see if someone had a similar issue. Basically... extract to CF, run install, select 20, select reboot. nothing. Manuals shutdown/restart nothing...
Have you requested/downloaded the "developers kit" from iDS for the iLiad? That's what will allow you to run/install 3rd party applications.

If you had to reflash/reformat your iLiad when you "bricked" it before, you may have to request/download the developers kit again.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
BNoye

I did need to re-request it. Running all the terminal software and the like.

Someone mentioned that the startup may have been modified to prevent rebricking.... anyone know what I should look for?