Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Question Is it possible to copy specific pages from ebooks or magazines?

I have several magazines from different places some are cooking which I only see a few recipes that I actually really like. I would like to some how copy the recipes from the magazines and some ebooks and save as a document. Like if there are 3 magazines from magazine called (ABC Cooking) and each magazine only has 10 recipes I like but each magazine has over 150 pages I would like to copy the recipes and then remove the magazines.

IF it is possible to remove these pages or a quick and easy way to copy these recipes dose anyone have any ideas.

If you know how to do this with a free program or quickly for free please let me know how.

Thank You!
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
Slipkid
Enthusiast
Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
windows "snipping" tool would work for this imo. (assuming you're using calibre and the docs are on your computer and not just the device - If that's the case a cell phone photo might work.)

Last edited by Slipkid; 04-25-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #3
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Screenshots.

Combining those images into pdf, epub etc. thereafter, if needed.

If there are possible copyright issues I'd recommend using those documents for personal usage only with activated passwords therein.

Last edited by Marinolino; 04-25-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
I have several magazines from different places some are cooking which I only see a few recipes that I actually really like. I would like to some how copy the recipes from the magazines and some ebooks and save as a document. Like if there are 3 magazines from magazine called (ABC Cooking) and each magazine only has 10 recipes I like but each magazine has over 150 pages I would like to copy the recipes and then remove the magazines.

IF it is possible to remove these pages or a quick and easy way to copy these recipes dose anyone have any ideas.

If you know how to do this with a free program or quickly for free please let me know how.

Thank You!
On your Fire you can copy (to clipboard) and later paste into an email or note application.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
If they are PDFs, as magazines often are, then the application PDF Split and Merge will do this quite easily. It is what I use.

https://pdfsam.org/
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #6
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
I think I will use the windows snipping tool or screenshots to save the images and then to copy just the text from the page or image I can always use the microphone from the laptop or plug in my lapel microphone and record the audio by reading the recipes one after another and then have it played back as a mp3 file and have the voice to text program on the laptop put it into text and then copy the text to the recipe card templates or just save them as a document and then transfer them to my usb flash drive and then remove the magazines when finished.

What I wanted to do was make it easier to get to the pages I wanted to copy the text from but I don't know how to just copy the text.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Some online cooking sites have a 'print' option where one has a choice of including the pictures or not; or even shopping tips.

Then the text can be just highlighted with the cursor & pasted to the notepad.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #8
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
The quickest way may be be a Mouse Scanner,
e.g. https://bgr.com/2018/12/14/mouse-wit...nner-built-in/.

There are several kinds including OCR.

Last edited by frahse; 05-05-2019 at 08:55 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:14 AM   #9
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I use "CleanPrint," "Print Friendly and PDF," and "PrintWhatYouLike" extensions for Chrome. I've been really happy with the results with each of them--I'd be hard-pressed to say which one I like the best.

You've got to do a little editing, but it goes fast with each one.

There may be even better choices than those.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-10-2019 at 01:16 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:56 AM   #10
deynon
deynon began at the beginning.

Device: none
with pdf I use pdf 24, I find it really suitable
deynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #11
lachlan091
lachlan091 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
Screenshots.

Combining those images into pdf, epub etc. thereafter, if needed.

If there are possible copyright issues I'd recommend using those documents for personal usage only with activated passwords therein.
That worked bro!
lachlan091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #12
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
If they are PDFs, as magazines often are, then the application PDF Split and Merge will do this quite easily. It is what I use.

https://pdfsam.org/
Holy smoke! This is brilliant!!! Thank you.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote