Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #811
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It should still work, with KSM, by just putting the vlasovsoft folder, from the Pbchess download, into the .adds folder. Then rebooting the device. Might have to reboot twice.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:50 AM   #812
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
Thanks for the help. When I download the zipped file from the vlasovsoft website, and I unzip it, I get:
1.a folder named "vlasovsoft" (putting this in .adds or .kobo does nothing),
2.an archive named "KoboRoot.tgz",
3. and a launcher.png.

Do you mean to put all three of these inside the .adds folder? Do you mean to make a folder called "vlasovsoft" and then put all three inside? Do I separately download "vlasovsoft launcher" somewhere separate?
No, just the vlasovsoft folder goes in .adds for KSM.

The other stuff is for launching from Nickel. You'd put launcher.png on your device, let Nickel index it, and after that's done you'd put the KoboRoot.tgz archive in .books. I don't know if there's more to it since I don't use that method.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2019, 07:18 AM   #813
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
No, just the vlasovsoft folder goes in .adds for KSM.

The other stuff is for launching from Nickel. You'd put launcher.png on your device, let Nickel index it, and after that's done you'd put the KoboRoot.tgz archive in .books. I don't know if there's more to it since I don't use that method.
So, I had it set up correctly, but KSM was showing the short menu, and not the full menu. None of the various instructions I had read mentioned this setting. All seems well now, though.

Thanks for your time, everyone!
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #814
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
None of the various instructions I had read mentioned this setting.
Actually, when you're in KSM and it shows short menu, you have option to show full menu, which was hint for me that I don't see all options. And, using that option I had vlasovsoft's.

Anyway, afterward you can set it so it always shows full menu.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:28 AM   #815
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Battery Low Warning

@sergeyvl12 Is it possible adding an option to disable the "battery low" message? In my opinion, this warning is quite annoying everytime I turn on the reader when you have reached 30% battery left. There's still plenty of hours left of reading with 30% battery so the warning has not too much sense at this point. Maybe best thing would be adding an option to choose the % threshold when the message appears (30, 20, 10 or 5 as an example), and option to disable the warning as well. What do you think?

Thanks!
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2019, 04:14 AM   #816
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblasi View Post
@sergeyvl12 Is it possible adding an option to disable the "battery low" message? In my opinion, this warning is quite annoying everytime I turn on the reader when you have reached 30% battery left. There's still plenty of hours left of reading with 30% battery so the warning has not too much sense at this point. Maybe best thing would be adding an option to choose the % threshold when the message appears (30, 20, 10 or 5 as an example), and option to disable the warning as well. What do you think?

Thanks!
launcher.ini

battery_warn_level=0
disable

or use your digit =10 etc
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 AM   #817
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
launcher.ini

battery_warn_level=0
disable

or use your digit =10 etc
Amazing! Thank you!
Old 05-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #818
warface9991
Connoisseur
warface9991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
does this work on Kobo GLO HD?

yeah it works

Last edited by warface9991; 05-06-2019 at 05:53 AM.
warface9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #819
tikky
tikky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 1st gen, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS-T2
On this russian doku-page
http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id=ru:coolreader
it is mentioned (according to google translate) that you can change the icon size in the main menu with an entry in the file vlasovsoft/launcher.ini. It is said that you can set the size in 1/100 inch units, but not exactly what the entry has to be like.

So I wonder how this can be done because I want the icons to be a bit smaller.

More important, I'd like the icons at the bottom of the text-select function to be smaller because the icons don't fit on the screen on my H2O. In the eink.qss-file I could change the size of some other icons, but not the ones from the select-menu. Maybe these can be changed too in the launcher.ini, at least they seem to have the same size as the icons at the bottom of the main menu. Does anybody know more about changing the icon sizes in Coolreader?
tikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #820
tikky
tikky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 1st gen, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS-T2
OK, on this page
http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopic.php?t=378

it is said that the entry in launcher.ini has to be „button_size=...“, e.g.

Code:
button_size=40
Unfortunately this doesn't change anything on my Kobo...
tikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:25 AM   #821
tatuk
tatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Looks like Sergey put the project oh hold?
We badly need new version for Forma to work with the cases with sleep function... (it still doesn't work with any case: magnet keeps the tablet alive instead of going to sleep mode)

Help! Help!
tatuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:31 AM   #822
pblasi
Enthusiast

Hi @sergeyvl12 !

I installed a catalan dictionary (stardict, attached) and definitions are shown between code (check picture). It doesn't happen with the other dictionaries I have installed. I checked the same dictionary in koreader and there is no issue there.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catalandict.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	517.4 KB
ID:	173168  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Catalan-stardict.rar (12.55 MB, 218 views)
Old 08-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #823
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblasi View Post
Hi @sergeyvl12 !

I installed a catalan dictionary (stardict, attached) and definitions are shown between code (check picture). It doesn't happen with the other dictionaries I have installed. I checked the same dictionary in koreader and there is no issue there.

Thanks!
KOReader either renders the HTML (if it's well-formed XML) or a fallback kind of plain text that strips the tags.

See here for the conversion and here for detection.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:39 AM   #824
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
KOReader either renders the HTML (if it's well-formed XML) or a fallback kind of plain text that strips the tags.

See here for the conversion and here for detection.
Seems koreader renders the html fine (check picture). Can it be implemented in coolreader? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koreader-catdict.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	711.7 KB
ID:	173169  
Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #825
Frenzie
Wizard

Not the way KOReader does it (since that would require MuPDF).