Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Uphantom89
Enthusiast
Uphantom89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Lightbulb Is there an alternative "pdf reader" like koreader for non jb kindle

I did search a lot, however I haven't found any other reader tool/app that can read pdf with function like koreader.
I would suggest an pdf reader app fon Non jailbreak kindle.
Please advise. Thank you in advance.
Uphantom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Without installing a jail break, you can only use the Kindle's native reader (which include PDF).
Also without a jail break, try the pdf application listed at the very first, non-sticky, index entry.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Uphantom89
Enthusiast

I got your points.
However, can we develop an "active content" app specially for pdf reading with k2pdfopt function?
I saw some active contents app like chess, so i think it is possible to have pdf reading app also.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphantom89 View Post
I got your points.
However, can we develop an "active content" app specially for pdf reading with k2pdfopt function?
I saw some active contents app like chess, so i think it is possible to have pdf reading app also.
On a Kobo Touch?
Perhaps, I could not say for certain.

On Kindles?
No.
Amazon/Lab126 has disabled "active content".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #5
Uphantom89
Enthusiast

Yap. Thank you very much for your advise.
I did send my feedback to Amazon customer service for their improvement. It seem that their development team is not active enough to improve their products.