Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Michele Clinco
Michele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with others

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, DR1000S, Kindle 3 & 4NT, Various Android devices
Snapshots test in Live version

Hallo.

I'm using pre-0.2 20090326 snapshot in live mode on a BeBook

I noticed that snapshots of August also include a distribution in this format, but if I try to use them (up to 20090824) the OS does not boot. After the "wait" cursor of the BeBook firmware disappears, the screen remains white and the device does not boot, even if I wait for several minutes. The activity led in the top left corner of the screen is off and the only thing I can do is to reset it.

Am I the only one with this problem or it is a know issue?

Bye, Michele
Old 08-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Quote:
Am I the only one with this problem or it is a know issue?
Nope, same thing happens to me on my hanlin v3.
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I noticed the same but I reasoned that when you look at the filesize of the Live version it must be missing something ! ~2.0Mb really isn't enough when you see the size of the last "working" version was nearer 20Mb.

BobC
Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I noticed the same but I reasoned that when you look at the filesize of the Live version it must be missing something ! ~2.0Mb really isn't enough when you see the size of the last "working" version was nearer 20Mb.

BobC
I just looked at the contents of the live version download, and it looks like the kernel is there, but not much else. The rootfs.ext2 is all zeros and much too small to be the root file system with all the necessary components.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yep. broken. There's ticket open, you might want to subscribe to it.
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Yep. broken. There's ticket open, you might want to subscribe to it.
I may be a bit naive, but if the live version doesn't yet work on the latest snapshots (which as of this date it doesn't) why list it for available download on the Index of Pub/Snapshots? This is not merely an academic question. I am waiting to employ it so I can utilize just one reader (BeBook) instead of my current two. (I prefer to use the BeBook firmware for Mobipocket and OI for EPUB.) If it's always listed as available but doesn't in reality yet work, do I have to keep downloading and installing it and just hope that it'll finally be functioning one day? Or I suppose I can keep watch on the ticket log. But wouldn't it be better just not to make it available until it IS functioning? Yes, I guess I am naive. But don't get me (too) wrong. I do appreciate OI and all the volunteer work that's going into it.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Disabling it is additional work. Why bother while there is open ticket?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Disabling it is additional work. Why bother while there is open ticket?
That's an answer I can respect. Thanks.