Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 03:43 AM   #16
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
Well so after the recent update the Dark Mode is finally working for me.

Here you can see how it looks and also my settings.

It's awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.JPG
Views:	958
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	175566   Click image for larger version

Name:	homepage.png
Views:	626
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	175568   Click image for larger version

Name:	windows_settings.JPG
Views:	542
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	175569  
Old 12-13-2019, 04:41 AM   #17
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Well so after the recent update the Dark Mode is finally working for me.

Here you can see how it looks and also my settings.

It's awesome!
thanks for the notice. I didn't know the update had landed. very excited. installing it now. indeed looks awesome.
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 04:52 AM   #18
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it's wonderful! thank you so much, Kovid!

what an amazing thing.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:12 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
Old 12-16-2019, 04:05 AM   #20
Kowboyy
Kowboyy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeQueen View Post
As a user who is on Calibre for hours at a time, I know I am not alone in the desire to see a night theme or color customization. I beg of you to consider making a Night Theme. The glare of the stark white is very hard on the eyes, and difficult for anyone with sight issues. I love the program, but a Night Theme would really make it much easier to use. Thank you.
I too have fussed around with this and cannot find a practical way of getting a "Dark Theme" In Calibre. I end up exporting the books to a device that I can toggle dark/light modes. I'd rather just do it here natively. Is there anyone working on a plugin that is going to allow this? It appears to be a fairly standard feature in most programs nowadays. Without it I am kicked out of bed and end up on the couch reading. I read till I am tired and by the time I trample back upstairs to go back to bed I am wide awake wanting to read more. Heaven forbid I use a light screen when the wife is sleeping. I would love to see a fix for this....please.
Advert
Old 12-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #21
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboyy View Post
I too have fussed around with this and cannot find a practical way of getting a "Dark Theme" In Calibre. I end up exporting the books to a device that I can toggle dark/light modes. I'd rather just do it here natively. Is there anyone working on a plugin that is going to allow this? It appears to be a fairly standard feature in most programs nowadays. Without it I am kicked out of bed and end up on the couch reading. I read till I am tired and by the time I trample back upstairs to go back to bed I am wide awake wanting to read more. Heaven forbid I use a light screen when the wife is sleeping. I would love to see a fix for this....please.
this has been resolved. this thread has all the details. it's a setting in Calibre 46.0. just update and you'll have the option. first set windows to dark mode.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325387
Old 12-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can a dark mode be added to Calibre without having to set the OS to a dark mode?
Old 12-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Kovid,

I'm not sure whether you're still following this thread, but if so, I found a couple of other GUI things which are invisible in nightmode on Win10:
  • the vertical Separator lines between tool buttons in toolbars of both main calibre GUI and Editor.
  • the optional gridlines (set in Prefs>Look&Feel) in the main calibre library window. They're only visible on rows which are currently highlighted.

I like nightmode a lot.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can a dark mode be added to Calibre without having to set the OS to a dark mode?
Yes, read 4.6 Release notes and Calibre User Manual: Environment variables

BR
Old 12-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@Kovid,

the vertical Separator lines between tool buttons in toolbars of both main calibre GUI and Editor.
they are visible just not very high contrast. I couldn't find a way of rendering nice looking separators against a dark background.

Quote:
the optional gridlines (set in Prefs>Look&Feel) in the main calibre library window. They're only visible on rows which are currently highlighted.
I looked into these they are too painful to fix I'm afraid.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:10 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yes, read 4.6 Release notes and Calibre User Manual: Environment variables

BR
Thanks.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #27
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
they are visible just not very high contrast. I couldn't find a way of rendering nice looking separators against a dark background.

I looked into these they are too painful to fix I'm afraid.
OK. Thanks for trying
Old 02-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #28
drope
drope began at the beginning.

Device: Dazz
Dark Theme in Windows 10

Hi,
After the last update (4.10), the Dark Theme has gone. How can I get it back?
Thank you.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:36 AM   #29
Parfumeur
Parfumeur began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab
Poof .. gone...... after the update from 4.9.1 to 4.10.0, the dark theme is gone. BTW, I loved the dark theme, excellent GUI, for a "G R E A T" program.

Adding the system or user environment variables: CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE to 1 or YES does not work.

Last edited by Parfumeur; 02-07-2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 02-07-2020, 01:57 AM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=327202
Closed Thread