Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #61
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No plans as such, but there is no reason that functionality cant be added at some point. calibre includes an HTML 5 parser which it falls back to if the mark up is not well formed XML, so implementing it would be as simple as parsing with that parser and replacing the text with the output from the parser.
Sounds promising, looking forward to coming updates.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #62
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Looks already very nice and promising.
Amazing, Kovid. Do you actually sleep sometimes ?
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #63
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have been having fun with this I'd never written anything editor like before, so I am learning a lot while working on it -- and that is the best kind of work, where you learn something new.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #64
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Hmm, I must be doing something wrong. When I type "calibre-debug -t test.epub" it loads the epub OK, but when I click on a file to edit it, I get
Code:
calibre, version 1.11.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:keyword arguments are not supported

calibre 1.11  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.11.0-13-generic-i686-athlon-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.11.0-13-generic', '#20-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 23 17:26:33 UTC 2013')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/boss.py", line 438, in edit_file_requested
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/boss.py", line 420, in edit_file
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/__init__.py", line 28, in editor_from_syntax
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/widget.py", line 28, in __init__
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/text.py", line 58, in __init__
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/text.py", line 84, in apply_settings
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/text.py", line 111, in apply_theme
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/syntax/base.py", line 46, in apply_theme
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/syntax/base.py", line 46, in <dictcomp>
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/themes.py", line 209, in highlight_to_char_format
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/editor/__init__.py", line 35, in __init__
TypeError: keyword arguments are not supported
(I get this on two different machines, each running Kubuntu 13.10 "saucy")

Last edited by st_albert; 11-15-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's an odd error, I suspect it is caused by the version of PyQt bundled in the linux binary of calibre being a little old. I'll update it and upload a new build in a bit.
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just got around to trying on XP SP3.
The UI looks clean and simple (this is good)
But when I try and view a section (file)

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.11.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:keyword arguments are not supported

calibre 1.11 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 438, in edit_file_requested
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 420, in edit_file
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\__init__.p y", line 28, in editor_from_syntax
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\widget.py" , line 28, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\text.py", line 58, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\text.py", line 84, in apply_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\text.py", line 111, in apply_theme
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\bas e.py", line 46, in apply_theme
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\bas e.py", line 46, in <dictcomp>
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\themes.py" , line 209, in highlight_to_char_format
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\__init__.p y", line 35, in __init__
TypeError: keyword arguments are not supported
Old 11-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #67
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Same issue with outdated PyQt4, wait for the updated builds. The various binary builds are not as up to date as the machine I develop on
Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Same issue with outdated PyQt4, wait for the updated builds. The various binary builds are not as up to date as the machine I develop on
Thanks
Looks promising
Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #69
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
I have been having fun with this I'd never written anything editor like before, so I am learning a lot while working on it -- and that is the best kind of work, where you learn something new.
Indeed.

I wish I could program as fast as this, but for several reasons, I'll never be able to. (One of them being limited to using one screen only.)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #70
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Here are 32 bit builds for linux and windows.It's late now, so I'll work on the remaining builds tomorrow.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/

To use the linux builds, just untar them into /opt/calibre (or wherever you chose to install calibre)
Old 11-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #71
theducks
Well trained by Cats

again
Old 11-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #72
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Certainly, vim is not for everyone. I am a bit of a vim nut, I even have my browser setup to behave like vim, using the pentadactyl firefox extension and my email client, mutt, is also very vim like. In fact I even wrote (well heavily modified an existing) window manager so I can control my desktop with the keyboard.
[OFFTOPIC]Thank you by the extension, I'm going to look into it. A vim fan here (vi really as I come from unix)[/offtopic]
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #73
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Upgraded to version 1.12, with the new PyQT4, and trying out the new Tweak...

When using the Search and Replace, there was a very nice feature in Sigil, that pressing Ctrl+F while highlighting text, S&R would open with that text in the search box. Can that be added?

There is currently no ability to rename files. Will we get that at some point? I assume adding them just hasn't been implemented -- updating the content.opf would take work...

Also, what exactly do checkpoints do? They seem to be undo/redo points, but plenty of those are created at each action anyway??

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-22-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #74
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Checkpoints, unlike per editor undo/redo, allow you to undo operations that affect the entire book such as global search and replace, renaming files, running font subsetting and so on. They also serve as a temporary version control. So you can create a checkpoint, give it an arbitrary name and then revert your book back to the state it was in when you created the checkpoint, regardless of what you have done since then. As far as I know, there was no way to recover from global operations in Sigil.

Renaming is implemented, I just haven't added the UI for it. You will be able to right click on files and rename them.

Pre-filling the search box is trivial to implement, remind me about it after I make a first release.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #75
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Checkpoints, unlike per editor undo/redo, allow you to undo operations that affect the entire book such as global search and replace, renaming files, running font subsetting and so on. They also serve as a temporary version control. So you can create a checkpoint, give it an arbitrary name and then revert your book back to the state it was in when you created the checkpoint, regardless of what you have done since then. As far as I know, there was no way to recover from global operations in Sigil.

Renaming is implemented, I just haven't added the UI for it. You will be able to right click on files and rename them.

Pre-filling the search box is trivial to implement, remind me about it after I make a first release.
Ah, global stuff, you're right. That's awesome! I've been annoyed about that several times in Sigil. No more backing up files every 5 minutes!
Closed Thread