Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
True, you'd have to jump through a couple of hoops to load compiled code from a zip file. Though if you did end up writing the plugin, I could be persuaded to include the component in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #17
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
It's been a long while since I looked but I'm sure I took a look at matplotlib, particularly since Kovid mentioned it. I can't remember why it didn't entice me - most likely it fell into the "you must also have version x of y and z which we don't include" type of packages but I could be wrong about that.
You're not. I've worked with matplotlib quite a lot the past year, and AFAIK, it depends on Numpy/Scipy in order to work. It's a great library if you already use those libraries, but I suspect it would be overkill to use in this case.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
hsoft
hsoft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You might not need any library at all

I used PyQt to develop a UI layer for one of my app, moneyGuru, and I ended up not using any graphing library at all and simply painted directly with QPainter. It's really not that complicated. All in all, for line graphs and bar graphs, it's about 300 lines. Surely not as much troubles as SIP/C++/cross compilation hell. The source is at https://bitbucket.org/hsoft/moneyguru

The parts that you'll find interesting are at https://bitbucket.org/hsoft/moneygur.../graph_view.py
https://bitbucket.org/hsoft/moneygur..._graph_view.py
https://bitbucket.org/hsoft/moneygur..._graph_view.py
hsoft is offline   Reply With Quote