Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-06-2020, 06:01 AM   #826
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
I wonder if older devices are considered for this 6.x update.
A beta tester told me no.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 03:52 AM   #827
amstel
amstel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux 4
Installed the new firmware on my girlfriend's tochbook. But after 15-30 minutes of reading we get a file system error? After rebooting the device it will work for about another 15-30 minutes
amstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2020, 04:54 AM   #828
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
New firmware for Pocketbook Inkapad 3 is released (ver. 6.1.1069)
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f....1069_user.zip
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:05 AM   #829
Skydancer
Enthusiast
Skydancer began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBoot Inkpad 3
@cassini, what's new?

UPDATE: Never mind, I found the Release Notes.

Last edited by Skydancer; 11-11-2020 at 06:11 AM.
Skydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #830
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
I installed it.
My Inkpad 3 seems a little bit faster and I appreciate the new UI environment. The Notes managing is quite better too.
To now, all seems OK.
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2020, 08:14 AM   #831
ldmobi
Enthusiast
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassini View Post
would this be compatible with the Inkpad 3 Pro as well?
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #832
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
No but that shouldn't be a problem, since the corresponding IP3 pro firmware war published months ago.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:46 AM   #833
ldmobi
Enthusiast
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
No but that shouldn't be a problem, since the corresponding IP3 pro firmware war published months ago.
Could you clarify more?
My IP3 pro is still at 6.0.

Do you mean that something like a golden master for IP3 pro 6.1 is ready and just needs to be pushed as official firmware, or that 6.1 for IP3 corresponds to 6.0 for IP3 pro?

When I asked about 6.1 for IP3 pro I got this response from Pocketbook!
"The 6.1 software version for InkPad 3 is not compitable with InkPad 3 Pro.
We kindly ask you to wait for the update for your device.
It is planned to be released in 2021.
"
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:35 AM   #834
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
IP3 v6 firmware was in beta stadium September till November. 1rst release (nonbeta) 20201109 with v.6.1.1069. Last official nonbeta version before: 5.20.1010.
We got no 6.0 for the Ip3. I don't think there is much difference to the 6.0.1067 IP3pro FW which was released 20200507 just the new interface, the epub3 adaptation and the device specific changes, just what the IP3pro allready got in May.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #835
Repto
Repto began at the beginning.

Brand new Inkpad3 on Pocketbook firmware v.6.1.1069:

Did anyone try to read CBZ/CBR and found switching pages seems longer?
Even more when using using "Fit width" option and having to scroll down the page using "Next arrow", while it seemed responsive on the v.5.20.1010, now it can sometimes be quite responsive and sometimes take up to >5 secs.

Furthermore, every now and then when going to next page the current one get stuck for >10 secs and is unstucked with a second press on the next button but registered the 2 time pressing thus flipping 2 pages quickly.

Not sure if that was supposed to be fixed by:
"12. Fixed the problem that one press of the «next» button or a «tap» gesture may have caused the flipping of two pages at once."
or if it's unrelated but I didn't encounter those problems on the last version.
Repto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #836
Repto
Repto began at the beginning.

Nevermind, looks like it was just bound to the new serie I was reading even if the quality wasn't much higher than the previous one, the difference in response time is significant
Repto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #837
morpa
morpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassini View Post

Updated on my inkpad 3. It is basically unusable now. Random freezes when reading ebooks, or random slowdowns in the ui or when reading. Will try to downgrade. Hope they fix this bugfest quick.
morpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #838
TGFB3
TGFB3 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 740 (Inkpad 3) + 512 GB micro SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpa View Post
Updated on my inkpad 3. It is basically unusable now. Random freezes when reading ebooks, or random slowdowns in the ui or when reading. Will try to downgrade. Hope they fix this bugfest quick.
Can confirm: the same files open flawlessly on 5.2 but in 6.1 they become sluggish.

I have been going back and forth with PB support (no complaints there, they´ve been quite attentive) but they could not replicate the issue on their end. I am not too worried since in 5.2 I can use the device and downgrading is quite easy.

It´s a shame because the screen is much more responsive, the UI is also better, and I really dig the contrast adjustment options for cbz/cbr/pdf, particularly if I am reading "color" images where I might want to crank up the gamma on black/white. Maybe these are partly to blame? (e.g. if the device has to have overhead to process the faster refresh rate and contrast, that leaves less CPU to open the books themselves)

I have tried and it´s reproducible after full reset, internal memory format, removing the SD card and everything except one file, etc...Seems it´s worse at handling images now in particular, text-only files don´t have this issue.

One thing the support rep I chatted with which struck me was that files without copyright protection might be more likely to run slow. I do not have DRM´d files in mine (mostly it´s either cbz files or pdfs of scientific papers which come without DRM) so I can´t tell

I noticed with 5.2 that the device became much snappier after a while using it so maybe it´s the same with 6.1. Will see in a couple of days and otherwise I will roll back to that version.
TGFB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #839
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Downgrade

I agree. Downgrade to previously version.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:05 AM   #840
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
My two Inkpad 3s have become my favourite reading devices, even with the new firmware. I just use Koreader as a reading software. Since it is being developed on Pocketbook again, it has become very stable and is much more responsive than the built-in reader.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote