Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Books that I sent through send to kindle email address isn't showing up

It used to be that there was a convenient Send to Kindle app that you could use on the computer. But for some reason, since a while ago, it keeps saying "enter a valid email or mobile number" when trying to sign into it.

I was suggested to use the 'send to kindle' email address that is on the Kindle. I sent several mobi files as attachment using that address, but I don't see the books in my Kindle app.
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Did you go to Amazon's site and whitelist the email address you sent the book from?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:13 AM   #3
2scre
Zealot

I noticed that the send to kindle email that I came up with on my Amazon account was different from the one on my iPhone app. So when I changed it on the Amazon website it seems like this change was not reflected on the phone which still listed the old email address.

But when I sent it to the correct email address this time, I got this email:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

The following document, sent at 08:09 AM on Mon, Nov 23, 2020 GMT could not be delivered to the Kindle you specified:
* (title of book)

The Kindle Personal Document Service can convert and deliver the following types of documents:
Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
HTML (.htm, .html)
Text (.txt) documents
Archived documents (zip , x-zip) and compressed archived documents
Mobi book

Images that are of type JPEGs (.jpg), GIFs (.gif), Bitmaps (.bmp), and PNG images (.png).
Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents are delivered without conversion to Kindle DX, Second Generation and Latest Generation Kindles.

Adobe PDF (.pdf) can be converted to Kindle format and delivered on an experimental basis.

If the document that failed belonged to one of the above document types, please ensure the document is not password protected or encrypted. Note that the Latest Generation Kindles support password protected PDFs.
So does this mean send to kindle is not accepting .mobi files?
I was hoping to put my own .mobi files to Kindle cloud but is that not possible anymore?
Old 11-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Well, the last thing listed in the middle paragraph is "Mobi book". It should be accepting them?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #5
2scre
Zealot

Thank you for pointing that out.

I realized just today that the books that I sent arrived in my Kindle app.