Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2023, 08:42 PM   #1
ultraloveninja
ultraloveninja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Device is Not Registered as Test Kindle

Not sure what happened, but I was working through some things on my Kindle 3 and then I got this notice of "The device is not registered as Test Kindle to run this title{...}" message when I tried to go into KUAL.

I did some digging and other posts said to kick off WiFi, reboot, and it should be good. I've done that a couple times now and no such luck.

I am working with completely wiped Kindle as well which is not registered to my Amazon account either (I tried doing that before hand and it was saying it couldn't login to my account, so I just moved on).

So yeah, I'm not too sure where I went wrong? I know this is an older device, so just trying to hack through some thing.
ultraloveninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:40 PM   #2
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
That message indicates that you lost your jailbreak and the developer keys to authorize use of KUAL were no longer present.

Hard to say why this happened.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2023, 11:02 PM   #3
ultraloveninja
ultraloveninja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
That message indicates that you lost your jailbreak and the developer keys to authorize use of KUAL were no longer present.

Hard to say why this happened.

Dave
Hmmm, ok. I'll see if I can re-run the jailbreak. I know in the docs it says that I shouldn't need to, but it's worth a shot.
ultraloveninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:37 PM   #4
UserError
UserError began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite B024 FW 5.4.4.2
Noob here & this might be obvious, but I had this error. Whilst I was looking for some other folder, I came across all the JB files in the .trash folder, so to see what happened, I just copied them back to root & voila - jb back again (& KUAL stopped giving the device test error)
UserError is offline   Reply With Quote