Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2019, 03:26 AM   #1
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
How to setting the content when fetching the news?

Recently I found an epub file on line which is the "The Economist" fetched by Calibre, and I got another copy which contains the same content, it was fetched by myself using Calibre.

But the epub file online (file A) is 21MB, and my copy(file B) is 4MB, file A gets bigger cover and all images in it are wider/bigger than those on file B.

But I found no configuration for the content when fetching news. maybe I just missed it.

So does this configuration exist? If not, how can I control the contents when fetching the news, to get bigger images and cover?

Last edited by codychan; 04-02-2019 at 10:31 PM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The output profile in Preferences->Common Options->Page setup controls how much images are resized.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2019, 11:56 PM   #3
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The output profile in Preferences->Common Options->Page setup controls how much images are resized.
Is this option also controlling the image size when sending ebooks to my kobo device(Kobo Forma)?

If I want the images as biggest as possible, should I use `Preferences->Common Options->Page setup->Output profile->Tablet` since it says "does not resizing of images [Screen size: unlimited]"?
Old 04-03-2019, 01:41 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Images are not resized when sending files, only when converting. And yes Tablet is the profile you should use if you dont want images resized during conversions.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:57 AM   #5
codychan
Groupie

Advert

Tags
news