Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #16
Colerson
Enthusiast
Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colerson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I find that the editing changes I need are different for every book, so I don't think your approach would work for me.
You can set the CSS on a per-book basis. Right click on a book, select “Convert individually”, go to “Look & Feel”, and fill in the CSS. It will affect that specific book only, and will save it for future conversions (definitely for future individual conversions; not sure about bulk). I absolutely have different CSS changes for different books, and it works great.
Colerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:17 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I know you can do this . The point I was making is that, until I open the book in the editor, I don't actually know what changes I need to make, and then I am in the editor anyway, so I may as well make the changes there. I use AZW3 as my "master" format, so I'm not concerned about losing editing changes on conversion. Whatever method works for you, though, is what's important.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #19
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I know you can do this . The point I was making is that, until I open the book in the editor, I don't actually know what changes I need to make, and then I am in the editor anyway, so I may as well make the changes there. I use AZW3 as my "master" format, so I'm not concerned about losing editing changes on conversion. Whatever method works for you, though, is what's important.
I think Colerson was saying you can look at the style via Inspect in the book viewer, so you don't have to open it in the editor.

I agree though that it's easier and faster to use the editor directly. At least I always do it that way.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 PM   #20
orcabloom
orcabloom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Azw3 is different, it allows more customization, and you can embed fonts. Unfortunately, if you are sending books to the Kindle cloud, they have to be in mobi format. If you really want to have the best of both worlds (storage in Kindle cloud and azw3), you can change the mobi output in Calibre to "both" which will create a file that can be sent to the cloud and it will be delivered to newer devices as azw3 and older devices as mobi.

Shari
Can anyone explain how to do this "best of both worlds" method? It sounds like a way to have the benefits of azw3 and the benefit of mobi (cloud syncing of notes).
orcabloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:23 AM   #21
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
My favorite method is to take an epub, change the extension to .txt or .png, then use Send-to-Kindle app or email to send it to the cloud. Amazon will convert it into an azw3 for you with WhisperSync functionality.

Example: bookname.epub > bookname.txt or bookname.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcabloom View Post
Can anyone explain how to do this "best of both worlds" method? It sounds like a way to have the benefits of azw3 and the benefit of mobi (cloud syncing of notes).

Last edited by odamizu; 11-30-2021 at 02:06 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote