Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #1
Lessontohighest
Lessontohighest began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S7 +
Samsung S7+ Tab not showing books that Calibre says are on device.

Hello! I just got a new PC today and installed Calibre, connected my tablet and transfered books. It says they are on the tablet but they do not show up in my library. I even Uninstaller and reinstalled both Calibre and the kindle app. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your time! Matthew
Lessontohighest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What app are you trying to read with on the tablet?

Remember that many apps only look in certain locations on the tablet; you probably need to configure the app to add the location where the books have been saved by calibre.

Other apps might have an import option to scan a specified location.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Lessontohighest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What app are you trying to read with on the tablet?

Remember that many apps only look in certain locations on the tablet; you probably need to configure the app to add the location where the books have been saved by calibre.

Other apps might have an import option to scan a specified location.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
It is The Kindle app. I never had to do much configuration in the past and I did run the setup wizard included with Calibre to Amazon files.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:46 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are using the kindle app with a generic tablet, calibre has no way to know that. So you need to configure it. Right click the device icon in calibre and choos econfigure. Tell calibre to send aw3/mobi format only and possibly choose a location on the device to send the books to that your kindle app can import from.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:06 AM   #5
Lessontohighest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you are using the kindle app with a generic tablet, calibre has no way to know that. So you need to configure it. Right click the device icon in calibre and choos econfigure. Tell calibre to send aw3/mobi format only and possibly choose a location on the device to send the books to that your kindle app can import from.
Thank you so much! I never had to do that before, some how everything just always worked, so I was pretty confused today. I love Calibre and thank you for making it as well as the prompt support!
Advert