Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
Awpayne@outlook.
Awpayne@outlook. began at the beginning.

Device: None
Scanned copies of books

Can I use calibre to manage books that I have scanned in pdf or is it just for e-pub books
Awpayne@outlook. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awpayne@outlook. View Post
Can I use calibre to manage books that I have scanned in pdf or is it just for e-pub books
You can use calibre for books in any format, or even without a format at all (only metadata without actual files).
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Or pretty much anything you want to catalog. One friend of mine uses calibre to manage his audio book and video collections as well as his ebook and pbook collections.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:20 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awpayne@outlook. View Post
I have many 100s of PDFs on Calibre. Only a small number can be used on my ereader (like A5 or A6 sized equipment manuals). Some smaller old scanned text books work on my newest ereader as it's 7" @300dpi (Kobo Libra H2O). Others are managed for my 10" windows tablet via a microSD card (save to Disk option). Also Calibre can invoke a PDF viewer. I've not yet add all the old magazines I've download for research over the years or the massive collection of electronics datasheets as I'd need a 12" to 13" non-widescreen tablet for those. They are all in an organised directory structure, so I use the filebrowser and standalone PDF viewer.

I've contemplated putting my paper books, VHS, CDs, DVDs, Cassettes, BDs and home made 8mm videos in it. But I think there are better solutions that can use a barcode scanner (I have two).

So for now I only have electronically readable content that works on the ereaders or tablets. You can in theory catalogue anything in it, you don't have to store the content. So Lego parts, Electronic components, insects etc are possible. Add a column for quantity.

You can have multiple libraries and use multiple devices (and track content even when not connected by extra per device columns).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is only 1 rule: only 1 of any single format PER BOOK.
You and have every possible format for that book in a single entry, but only 1 of any of those. (there are tricks)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Yeah, I have multiple pdf files so I name them .pdf1, .pdf2, etc. Don’t like it but there it is.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:06 AM   #7
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
I've contemplated putting my paper books, VHS, CDs, DVDs, Cassettes, BDs and home made 8mm videos in it. But I think there are better solutions that can use a barcode scanner (I have two).
For movies, i like gcstar.
Enough calibre like.
If you give it a folder of well titled files, it's gonna retrieve proper metadata from internet archives.
It can do other kind of items collections but i never used it for.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote