Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #286
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Jon, you are wrong yet again! Actually read the post before responding!

An xpgt file is an adobe page template file not an adobe page map file as the media type indicates. Flightcrew correctly detects this issue by fingerprinting the file contents and comparing it to the declared media type. The poster is asking if epubcheck can be made to validate opf manifest media types.

Jon, you really should stop responding to posts in the Sigil forums that you really know nothing about, especially if you do not bother to actually read the post first.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-18-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: get his name right at the very least
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 04:00 AM   #287
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I had these two same messages trying to launch the epubcheck and prince PDF plugins with Sigil 1.0.

Epubcheck

Code:
Statut : failed

Update check skipped: no Internet.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "/home/roger/.local/share/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/EpubCheck/plugin.py", line 321, in run
    f = open(opf_path, 'r', encoding='utf-8')
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Sigil-YbGhgE/OEBPS/content.opf'
Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Sigil-YbGhgE/OEBPS/content.opf'

Prince PDF

Code:

File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 135, in launch
  File "/home/roger/.local/share/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/PrincePDF/plugin.py", line 126, in run
    tree = ET.parse(opf_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1202, in parse
    tree.parse(source, parser)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 584, in parse
    source = open(source, "rb")
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Sigil-YbGhgE/OEBPS/content.opf'
Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/Sigil-YbGhgE/OEBPS/content.opf'

Note ; the "no internet message" is unrelated.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2019, 04:45 AM   #288
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
I had these two same messages trying to launch the epubcheck and prince PDF plugins with Sigil 1.0.
I don't have access to my PC right now, but it looks like you're not running the latest plugin versions.
Please download and re-install the latest versions of the EpubCheck and PrincePDF plugins. Note that the PrincePDF plugin doesn't support non-standard .epub files; you'll have to select Tools > Restructure to Sigil Norm before running the plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:20 AM   #289
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
thank you.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:15 PM   #290
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I don't have access to my PC right now, but it looks like you're not running the latest plugin versions.
Please download and re-install the latest versions of the EpubCheck and PrincePDF plugins. Note that the PrincePDF plugin doesn't support non-standard .epub files; you'll have to select Tools > Restructure to Sigil Norm before running the plugin.
Given that Sigil no longer auto modifies the ePub structure, plugins should not be expecting a restructured ePub. They should just wors witht he ePub as long as the ePub is valid.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #291
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Given that Sigil no longer auto modifies the ePub structure, plugins should not be expecting a restructured ePub. They should just wors witht he ePub as long as the ePub is valid.
Had you actually tested the latest version of the plugin, you'd noticed that it can handle both standard and non-standard epubs
Old 12-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #292
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And of course, this should happen overnight. Are you volunteering to fix up all of the plugins that aren't yet updated? Please stay out of things that don't concern you, Jon.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #293
Julie34
Enthusiast
Julie34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, and...
problem with Python and UFT8

Hi,
Have un sudden disfunction with this plugin. No change in my computed, except a "fatal error" yesterday which may have endomaged some files.

When using bundled python i get :

Code:

EPUBCheck v4.2.2 en cours d'exécution ... veuillez patienter.
File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
File "C:\Users\franc\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 507, in run
stdout = result[0].decode(os_encoding)
File "encodings\cp65001.py", line 17, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'CP_UTF8' codec can't decode bytes in position 0--1: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target code page.
Error: 'CP_UTF8' codec can't decode bytes in position 0--1: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target code page.
The epub (3) is fine with epubcheck on another computer.

Installing the last version of python, same problem with epubcheck :

Code:
EPUBCheck v4.2.2 en cours d'exécution ... veuillez patienter.
File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
File "C:\Users\franc\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 507, in run
File "C:\Users\franc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 19: invalid continuation byte
Error: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 19: invalid continuation byte
No detection of any wrong with test plugin.

Editing the files mentionned in the code line, I see nothing wrong and the same code as the other computer...
Have Epubcheck 0.4.3 and reinstalled it with no change

May you help me ?

Last edited by Julie34; 01-27-2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: add info
Julie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #294
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Most likely some of the files in the epub are encoded as Windows-1252 files instead of UTF-8 files (in Windows-1252 encoded files, 0xe9 is the French character é).

Try the following:

1. Locate the Sigil plugin folder, by selecting Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.
2. In the EpubCheck plugin folder, open plugin.py with a text editor.
3. Change the following lines (507 & 508):

Code:
    stderr = result[1].decode(os_encoding)
to:

Code:
    stdout = result[0].decode(os_encoding, "ignore")
    stderr = result[1].decode(os_encoding, "ignore")
This change should allow you to run the plugin.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:42 PM   #295
Julie34
Enthusiast
Julie34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, and...
Thanks !!! Works.
Great...

Msoft is perseverent, it seems : opted for uft8 encoding in the linguistic prefs of windows, in the Ms Office encoding (checked : new docs are in uft8) but still I find characters in windows encoding... after converting to odt and epub.
Dont enderstand, by the way, why not the same problem with the same epubs on another computer in W10 too. Doesnt' matter... Problem solved !
Julie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #296
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Zip download failed.

I opened the latest Sigil on a new computer and the Epub check was in Sigil but it failed to work. So I tried to download the zip file on the first page of this thread and it said it would take 38 minutes and was downloading it incredibly slowly until it failed. I've downloaded the Epub zips before and they went quickly. Has something changed or is there something wrong with my computer? I also had an incredibly hard time logging into MR earlier today. Could the slowness downloading be on MR's end?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:00 AM   #297
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I opened the latest Sigil on a new computer and the Epub check was in Sigil but it failed to work. So I tried to download the zip file on the first page of this thread and it said it would take 38 minutes and was downloading it incredibly slowly until it failed. I've downloaded the Epub zips before and they went quickly. Has something changed or is there something wrong with my computer? I also had an incredibly hard time logging into MR earlier today. Could the slowness downloading be on MR's end?
I'd have to say something wrong on your computer or with your internet connection. It took about 2 seconds from clicking on the .zip file to having it downloaded. Hmmm... and about 12 seconds to upload it as an attachment to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EpubCheck_v0.4.3.zip (11.44 MB, 166 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #298
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Did you attempt to transfer your programs and settings from the old computer, or did you install them afresh onto a clean system?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #299
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd have to say something wrong on your computer or with your internet connection. It took about 2 seconds from clicking on the .zip file to having it downloaded. Hmmm... and about 12 seconds to upload it as an attachment to this message.
Thanks David. It must've been the Internet connection because it downloaded fine today. But when I ran it, I got:

Code:
Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in
Old 02-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #300
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Did you attempt to transfer your programs and settings from the old computer, or did you install them afresh onto a clean system?
Thanks wombat. I had Sigil on there already, so I just installed the new Sigil over it.