Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
Arkadian
Connoisseur
Arkadian began at the beginning.

Device: none
autogenerated ToC and its page numbers

Hi,

I have an auto-generated ToC which works fine My only problem is that the page numbering does not change through its span, so it says "Page 2" throughout (three pages in total).
Is there a way to make it count the pages? Have been playing about with the settings, but couldn't find the relevant one (if it exists...).
Also, the index is not referenced in the index itself (i.e. it does not appear in the ToC). It would be good to have it.

I used to have an index generated with LO, but it was waaaaaay more hassle than it was worth and it didn't look nearly half as good as the auto-generated one.
Arkadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Why are there page numbers in your ToC at all? They wouldn't be very relevant in anything other than a fixed layout epub in the first place.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Arkadian
Connoisseur

That's a good question...
I am actually not sure... The page numbers have always been there and never really thought about it. Actually I don't even know how to remove them. There doesn't seem to be an option nor does it say anything in the manual. Any advice on this?

In this case in the pdf I could have an index generated when generating it. The only downside is that the headings wouldn't be clickable.

Hhhmmm... not sure what the best course of action could be (and don't really want to waste time on it)
Old 09-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
Arkadian
Connoisseur

OK,
1) managed to create a brand new ToC without page numbers clicking on "use all headlines" in the ToC template, or similar wording)
2) Created a new ToC in the PDF with the page numbers, but it doesn't have hyperlinks to the various sections.

The question is then, can I create a hyperlinked ToC WITH page numbers within my PDF? If not it is a matter of choosing whether it is going to be more likely for people to print the book (so they need page numbers) or to read it on a screen (so, hyperlinks would be preferable).

Opinions welcome )

Oh, one more vaguely related thing... the page number is preceded by the word "page". As my book is not in English I would haver to get rid of it or replace it with something more suitable. Is that doable?

Last edited by Arkadian; 09-15-2014 at 09:50 AM.