Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #16
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I usually back up photos on my iphone on icloud however I got a notice that the free icloud storage was getting full. So, I downloaded the amazon photo app and while browsing the pics somehow noticed that the pics could be linked to buy photo gifts at amazon (surprise, surprise). Well, it's gift giving season soon so I ordered a picture coffee mug. While looking for promo codes found the following for prime members.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload a photo for the first time to the Amazon Photos app are eligible for a $15 promotional credit off their first eligible order of $25 or more on Amazon.com.

• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) November 30, 2019.
• Offer only applies to eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload at least one photo through the Amazon Photos app for the first time.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #17
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I understand you to be asking (rhetorically) about whether or not this _topic_ is more suited for the "General Discussions" thread than it is for the "Deals and Resources" thread.

My interest in, and inquiries about, Prime was _for the possible savings on ebooks and audiobooks_, as I wrote in posts on the "Ebooks > Deals & Resources" thread, and emphasized with underlining (such "underlining" as I know how to do, with this smartphone (that I'm having to use until I can get my real computer repaired (I apologize, once again, for the unsightliness of the formatting. I know, it looks soooo 1980's. ha))), at least twice. That is my only interest in Prime!

I was not engaging in some kind of ruse in order to get people to talk about Prime, in general, in that subforum on that thread! My chances of getting general information about Prime, would be much better on this thread, or maybe any number of other subforum/threads, than it possibly could have been on a thread about cheaper ways to get ebooks and audiobooks! Right?

I asked about "Prime Now" solely out of ignorance. I did some research, myself, about it after my post, and prior to checking MobileRead for today, and found out from a third party or two that it is about a fresh food delivery service, or something like that. Since it has nothing to do with deals on ebooks and audiobooks, I'm not interested (I'm one-dimensional, I know. ha).

So, no, Froide, you are not alone--if I saw things the way that you did, I for one, would be aware of it.
Not rhetorical. Nor did I suspect a ruse; rather, I thought you'd accidentally posted in the wrong forum, and I knew only a moderator could move a misplaced thread.

Last edited by Froide; 11-10-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:20 AM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
This is the Prime trial that is the subject of my thread below: "Get Prime Whether You Want It or Not."

I had a full year of Prime about 5 or 6 years ago, but I remember little about it except that I got a lot of packages in a very quick manner. Anyway, Prime has changed a lot, it seems, since then.

_As far as ebooks and possibly audiobooks are concerned_ now, what are the perks of having Prime, that _you_ have found especially worthwhile, that I should latch on to in the short time that I have left as a Prime member?

Let me go ahead and eliminate Kindle Unlimited--I want to own my books, not borrow them.

Just a phrase or short sentence for each point will probably suffice.

Thanks.
I must have missed this when it was first posted. (May have been away.)

Now let me count the WAYS PRIME IS GOOD. (I might miss some)

1. Quick shipping.
2. Free rental of book each month.
3. Specials on books, Amazon products..
4. With Alexa you get a lot of music being a Prime member.
5. With a Smart TV or a Fire Adapter on your TV, you get a lot of movies, series, etc.

Probably I am missing some. (Amazon throws a lot of stuff up on the wall. Some sticks, some doesn't, and it changes.

I have both Alexa and Google smart speakers. Alexa is better.
(However Google is louder and even with "my blown out ears" I can hear it across the house.)

And speaking of that, it reminds me "Happy Veterans Day!"

(I have used a silver for the color white in above.)
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #19
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Not rhetorical. Nor did I suspect a ruse; rather, I thought you'd accidentally posted in the wrong forum, and I knew only a moderator could move a misplaced thread.
I wouldn't "put it past me" to accidentally post in the wrong forum!

In retrospect, I should have made a very clear disclaimer, over and over, stating that my goal in bringing up Prime was related to the matter of ebooks and audiobooks only.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:45 AM   #20
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I must have missed this when it was first posted. (May have been away.)

Now let me count the WAYS PRIME IS GOOD. (I might miss some)

1. Quick shipping.
2. Free rental of book each month.
3. Specials on books, Amazon products..
4. With Alexa you get a lot of music being a Prime member.
5. With a Smart TV or a Fire Adapter on your TV, you get a lot of movies, series, etc.

Probably I am missing some. (Amazon throws a lot of stuff up on the wall. Some sticks, some doesn't, and it changes.

I have both Alexa and Google smart speakers. Alexa is better.
(However Google is louder and even with "my blown out ears" I can hear it across the house.)

And speaking of that, it reminds me "Happy Veterans Day!"

(I have used a silver for the color white in above.)
Thanks for enumerating some of the benefits of Prime. Of some, I was already aware; of others, I was not.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-11-2019 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:27 AM   #21
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
<snip>
Amazon does have all the perks of Prime in one place:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...3387606&sr=1-1
Thank you! That litany of the benefits of Prime is exactly what I wanted to see, ever since the discussion of Prime benefits related to ebooks and audiobooks was moved to this general discussion thread! It's definitely a webpage to bookmark!
Old 11-11-2019, 04:20 AM   #22
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
I wouldn't "put it past me" to accidentally post in the wrong forum!

In retrospect, I should have made a very clear disclaimer, over and over, stating that my goal in bringing up Prime was related to the matter of ebooks and audiobooks only.
Your original post clearly states both the focus of your inquiry (despite what some responses imply) and its intention (to solicit input, i.e., generate a discussion). It has succeeded on both counts.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #23
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Seems strange but I located a better list of prime benefits by entering "prime benefits" in google than through any Amazon link. I know, strange. Anyway, try this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201910360
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Seems strange but I located a better list of prime benefits by entering "prime benefits" in google than through any Amazon link. I know, strange. Anyway, try this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201910360
Interesting that they only mention Kindle Lending Library in passing.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #25
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Interesting that they only mention Kindle Lending Library in passing.
Be careful with terminology. Prime membership includes Prime Reading, with a small selection of books to choose from. The Kindle Owners Lending Library is for Kindle device owners and has a far larger selection of books.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #26
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Be careful with terminology. Prime membership includes Prime Reading, with a small selection of books to choose from. The Kindle Owners Lending Library is for Kindle device owners and has a far larger selection of books.
Oops. Thanks for the clarification.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #27
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I think that Amazon needs to simply their plans, programs, features and what-not. It is getting difficult for people to keep them straight, much less know much about them.

Here's another link to some Prime benefits:
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&nod...pmp_card_deals

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-12-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #28
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

And here:
https://www.amazon.com/primeinsider/...577050e4605a1f

It seems like none of the lists is exhaustive. If that's true, then I wish there was a single webpage that spelled out all of the benefits.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-12-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #29
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Ordinarily, I would post this in the "other media" (or whatever it's called) subforum in the ebook "Deals and Resources" forum. However, I'm "afraid" the mention of "Prime" might get it sent here anyway . . . .

I notice that there is a slew of 99 cent magazine subscriptions exclusively for Prime members at https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=mh_s9_a..._i=16205654011 . It's not quite as good a deal as it might seem at first blush, however--the (few) deals that I checked were 99 cents for a 4-month subscription. Nevertheless, if those are the renewal prices also, you could get 1 year of a magazine for $2.98! And many of these, at least, are high-quality, in-demand periodicals!
Old 11-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #30
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It's also worth noting that Prime benefits vary from country to country
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote