Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #166
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Permanently Uninstalling Library-Specific Preferences

Rellwood:

In case you want or need to remove all library-specific preferences and settings for Job Spy, the Original Post has a section called
Permanently Uninstalling Library-Specific Preferences

I suggest that you follow those instructions for any of your 100(?) or so libraries that you have created that are giving you problems.

I suspect that you used Windows Explorer to copy-and-paste an existing library to create a new library, rather than using the standard Calibre "Create a New Library" function, and then forgot what customizations you had made to Job Spy to the grandparent of your newest libraries.

The .json file is "Calibre-wide", not "library-specific".

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-29-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: New Information
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #167
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version New GUI Tool: Book-Identifiers Matrix

Version 1.0.85 - New GUI Tool: Book-Identifiers Matrix.

See the attached example.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_book_identifier_matrix.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	883.2 KB
ID:	160316  
Advert
Old 12-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #168
DaltonST
Deviser

New GUI Tool: Add "Null" to Custom Columns for books with no existing "real" values

Version 1.0.86 -2017-12-05 New GUI Tool: Add "Null" to Custom Columns for books with no existing "real" values in those same Custom Columns

Refer to the attached images for the details of this new GUI Tool.

Note that you may use Metadata Bulk Edit to remove "Null" values if you change your mind about which Libraries and/or Custom Column datatypes should be "activated" for this new tool via JS+ Customization menu option.

Recommendation: create a temporary "test" Library to use to fine-tune your personal choices in Customization for this tool before activating it for your "real" Libraries.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_add_null_to_custom_columns_job_log_version_1.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	160442   Click image for larger version

Name:	js_add_null_to_custom_columns_for_all_books_version_1.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	160443  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #169
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It's a shame it's not possible to hide the columns which you have no interest in seeing in the information window (the one you get when you press I), not just on the right side of the Calibre program window.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #170
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
It's a shame it's not possible to hide the columns which you have no interest in seeing in the information window (the one you get when you press I), not just on the right side of the Calibre program window.
When I click "i" on a book, the pane that appears has a "configure" link in the lower right corner just above the "next" pushbutton. I hid all columns except for Author and Title in that configuration. However, the book details pane (on the far right of the screen that you can turn off and on via the "Layout" link in the lower right corner) still shows everything that I configured in Preferences > Look and Feel.

I am currently using Calibre 3.13.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 12-06-2017, 01:13 AM   #171
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thank you so much for pointing that out, it must have slipped by me since I don't update Calibre every time.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:37 AM   #172
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Would it be possible in jobspy to add a function that would add either empty rows or a horizontal line in the book information window?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #173
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.88 -2017-12-07 Technical changes to Add "Null" to Custom Columns.

Version 1.0.88 -2017-12-07 Technical changes to Add "Null" to Custom Columns.

DaltonST
Old 12-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #174
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.89 'Show Book-Identifier Matrix' moved to 'Metadata GUI Tools' sub-menu

Version 1.0.89 Changes to Customization for smaller screens; 'Show Book-Identifier Matrix' moved to 'Metadata GUI Tools' sub-menu; other technical changes. All users should upgrade to this version.

DaltonST
Old 12-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #175
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.90 Various Functional and Technical Changes

Version 1.0.90 -2017-12-14 Several menu clarifications; Several error message clarifications; Use of shortcuts for several GUI Tools enabled; Other cosmetic and technical changes.

All users should update to this new version. Thanks.

DaltonST
Old 12-26-2017, 06:02 AM   #176
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Can you work something out where I can either copy what's in my user categories or it's universal across all libraries?
Old 12-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #177
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can you work something out where I can either copy what's in my user categories or it's universal across all libraries?
Are you talking about the UC plug-in, or the UC menu function at the lower left corner of the main GUI? Regardless, I don't use either.

Off the top of my head, I would wonder about differences in custom columns and metadata values in the source library being different than the target libraries, thereby causing corruption and potential sudden-death of Calibre.

The above would be analogous to custom columns of datatype enumeration (fixed list of valid values) being programmatically created in a target library that will soon have books with pre-existing values for that same custom column #name that are not within the list of valid values of that #name in the original source library. I have quite a bit of special functionality in CALM to provide for that scenario during "generation" of the Target CALM Library, and I do not want to get involved with that equivalent scenario again.

DaltonST
Old 12-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #178
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I look at a list in a library where some of the authors isn't there, all it says is: (not on any book).

Like my screenshot posted in the UC plugin thread (I've reposted one of them here)

When I copy from one library to another, it asks me if I want to add columns I've created. What I was hoping for was a way to do the same with User Categories.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-12-25 21.23.13.png
Views:	253
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	160955  
Old 12-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #179
DaltonST
Deviser

User Categories - Manually Copying Between Libraries

Deleted.

Last edited by DaltonST; 01-04-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Deleted; superceded by later posts re: Beta Testing
Old 12-26-2017, 02:54 PM   #180
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thank you for the guide, I'll have a look in the next couple of days.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools