Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #16
After Nightfall
After Nightfall began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo
Wow. If these were for sale, I'd have real trouble deciding between Academia, Foliant, Kelt, Koral, Melody, Togo and Samt.

As for the method of attaching, please take this with a grain of salt as I don't own an e-reader yet (though I'm planning on purchasing one soon), and my opinion may change when I use one regularly. But as it is, I would not like to have it glued to the cover. Even if I don't coordinate the cover with my outfit , I'd prefer to have the option to take the reader out.

Velcro strips sound fine, if they're not so thick that the cover is difficult to close.

Elastic bands would have to be unobtrusive so as not to obstruct the screen, maybe across the corners, but still be big enough so the reader doesn't fall out. And sturdy enough so they don't grow loose in a couple of months.

I also like the principle of the Cybook cover that kacir posted a link to.

As for closure, I'm partial to the magnetic wrap / strap, like the Paperblanks notebooks have, but wouldn't say no to a plain old elastic strap.
After Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #17
Ilkyway
Enthusiast
Ilkyway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ilkyway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ilkyway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 505
Hallo PockedGoods, I got a cover for my Sony 505 via the internet. It is from Tuff-luv and I realy love form and funktion. But there are two things that are bugging me: the first one is so importend to me, that I am not shure if I whant to use it: It smells awfull. It smells so poiseness, I have left it outside for quite a while, but it did not help. If I read books while in the cover my hands smell the same way. It is made in China and I think it is some spray or so what they put on it as a finish? Anyway: the smell can't be healthy and I would love to by one that does not smell.
The second thing is the look: your desings are much more fun! So you have met my secont complaint alrady, maybe you whant to consider my first one.

Good luck anyway, Ilkyway
Ilkyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #18
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
NOreve has some really good leather covers.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #19
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
They look good
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote