Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #1201
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Yesterday when I tried Transfer via Computer to my Oasis, I got a message telling me it was currently unavailable but to try later. After seeing your post today, I tried with my Paperwhite 2 and my Oasis and got a Sorry page unavailable for both. The only other Kindle on my account is a Touch and that wasn't a choice.
Strange. Downloading for the PW 2 works for me.

I am using amazon.com instead of amazon.co.uk since I am in the US. Perhaps that is related or maybe something else is causing the inconsistency.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #1202
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Folk could simply be running into GEO restrictions (with a poor error message).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #1203
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Good point. But, that could also explain a mistake when adding the books.
I did a Google search to find other books with the same restrictions and came up with more titles published in India. Besides those published by Penguin Random House India I found several published by Westland, an Amazon imprint in India. For example this one.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:29 PM   #1204
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Folk could simply be running into GEO restrictions (with a poor error message).
Nope. The book is available, just not on any old device and it's not transferable via USB.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #1205
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Strange. Downloading for the PW 2 works for me.

I am using amazon.com instead of amazon.co.uk since I am in the US. Perhaps that is related or maybe something else is causing the inconsistency.
I'm using .com as well.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #1206
SKatz
Call me pisher
SKatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (8th Generation) Model#SY69JL
Thank you very, very much. Method 3 worked like a charm for me. This was the issue that got me to join this forum and you provided my solution in the first half-hour since I joined.
SKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:24 PM   #1207
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Method 3 - Use an e-ink Kindle instead

If you have an e-ink Kindle device registered to your Amazon account you have the option of downloading books directly from Amazon instead of using Kindle for PC/Mac.

From the Amazon website access "Account & Lists" -> "Manage Your Content and Devices".

Find a book you want to import into calibre and press the "..." button in the "Actions" column for that book.

In the menu that pops up choose "Download & transfer via USB". Then select the name of your registered kindle device in the drop down menu and press the "Download" button.

Import the downloaded file into calibre using the same procedure that you would use for a file from Kindle for PC. You will need to select the proper folder containing the downloaded file. (This folder will be different from the "My Kindle Content" folder used by Kindle for PC.)

Users of the DRM Tools should refer to Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub for information on the configuration required to support books downloaded for an e-ink Kindle.

In addition, the owners of older e-ink Kindles running firmware prior to 5.6.5 (August 2015) can access books in non-KFX formats directly from the device via USB.
What e-ink Kindle devices work with this method? Would a Amazon Kindle 6 E-Ink work?

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:41 PM   #1208
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
What e-ink Kindle devices work with this method? Would a Amazon Kindle 6 E-Ink work?
I’m not sure what you mean by a Kindle 6, but any e-ink Kindle model will work.

What won’t work is a Fire tablet (formerly known as a Kindle Fire.)
Old 04-19-2021, 06:50 AM   #1209
sarahemmm
Happily retired s/w eng
sarahemmm began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Need some help...

I downloaded v1.17 and followed the #1 instructions. All seems well, I can see all my titles, but nothing will download. No error message, just shows busy for a while.

What could I have done wrong?
sarahemmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #1210
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No idea. 1.17 is still working for me on Windows 10.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #1211
sarahemmm
Happily retired s/w eng
sarahemmm began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahemmm View Post
I downloaded v1.17 and followed the #1 instructions. All seems well, I can see all my titles, but nothing will download. No error message, just shows busy for a while.
Turns out I needed to run as administrator.
sarahemmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #1212
kyrie88
kyrie88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20 Libra
Need help: I got everything to work using the guide below and the Method 2 using the sudo command, afterwards I could 'upload' AZW file to Calibre, but from there on out, I couldn't upload/convert/read the ebook. I'm getting the 'This Book has DRM' error. What to do?

Guide I followed:

Yes but it involves a few steps. I do this for my Kobo Aura H20 for Kindle books. First, install Calibre (https://calibre-ebook.com). Second, install the DeDRM plugin (https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/...most-ebook-drm). Third, install the Kindle for PC app and use it to download your Kindle books. Then use the Add Books function in Calibre to add them to your Calibre library. The DRM will be removed during import. The Kindle books are in your Kindle Content directory. Plug the Kobo into your computer and use Calibre to add the books to your Kobo; they'll be automatically converted to ePub before they're transferred."

From Rob Fargher · January 26, 2017 on AMZN
kyrie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:14 AM   #1213
lkmiller
Laura

@kyrie98
See this post for additional Mac info: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=508

If you still need help, ask over at Alf's blog or Harper's GitHub.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #1214
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
@kyrie98
See this post for additional Mac info: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=508

If you still need help, ask over at Alf's blog or Harper's GitHub.
My Kindle for Mac just updated to 1.31.0 (60175). Luckily the
chmod -x /Applications/Kindle.app/Contents/MacOS/renderer-test
trick still works.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #1215
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth, my Kindle for PC install upgraded to 1.31 (60170). The batch file disable for KFX downloads from message #966 in this thread still works.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc